General 2014 Civic 1.4 Petrol

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Thursday 13th Nov, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Just picked one up this morning - the beauty of a Honda petrol - so quiet! Just wondering, does this thing have electric steering as it feels weird?

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I believe Honda call it "motion adaptive", and yes, its electric power steering.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of her mate.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Seems easy to over steer. Just a courtesy car I've got as my A/C clutch plate was going so they are sorting it. Nice car, looks good in white.

Last edited: Thursday 13th Nov, 2014
  4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Ahh right, thought you had bought a new car. :Laughing:

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    No chance! I will probably never buy a brand new car - you don't get the fun of waiting for the next thing to go wrong lol

The more time I've spent in it the less I'm liking it, especially the steering but also the trim - there's so little padding underneath arm rests etc and the fabric design makes it look like perforated material instead as if you can see the plastic underneath. The seating position isn't great either, it's almost as if it's trying to fold you in half sometimes. The dash is still very futuristic although there seems like too many places to look for information what with all the various displays and their locations. Rear visibility still sucks and strangely the rear wiper only covers a tiny top portion of the windscreen - but also covers a higher up part which isn't visible from the inside?

The engine is very quiet though and so is the cabin, although it does get noisier on the motorway but nothing unpleasant. It's pretty gutless and it's also telling me to change into 6th gear at 32mph!??! The torque seems to be around the 1,500-2,000rpm mark which I find strange for a n/a petrol and power seems to drop massively higher up. Where's the VTEC? :vtec:

6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    :Need Pics::poke:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I thought you were going to tell us all then you've already gone back to petrol Hondas :Laughing: