Facelift Model 2014 Honda Accord Minor Rivision -The changes

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 9th Jul, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As part of EU bringing raft of legislation surrounding emission reduction one area which has always been neglected is Tyre pressure. Starting in November 2012, all new models of passenger cars sold in the EU must be equipped with a TPMS .

TMPS aka will be seen on all Accord sold after the September 2013. Continental tyres will be making the TMPS ECU and sensors they have obtained their declaration of conformity certificates,see below.

I seriously doubt this can be retro fitted into older 8th Generation Accords as the speed cluster will need changing for the TMPS warning making it uneconomical to retro fit.

Attached Files:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Looks like no one read this .. I will get some more info on this.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I watched a short clip the other day about economy and the things that effect it and the results were really surprising. They found that things such as lowering the tyres to 20psi from a recommended 38psi make hardly any difference to MPG, same for things like opening the windows all the way etc. The biggest effect came from turning the A/C on. Not sure how relevant this would be to emissions but I would assume fuel economy and emissions are related somewhat?

So how important, from an emissions point of view, do you reckon the tyre pressure monitoring is? Or is it just another pain in the backside regulation imposed on us?

So safety and handling reasons I guess it could be a good thing, but surely there must be some onus put on drivers to make sure their car is safe?

5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi guys,
    The main reason for putting TPMS on cars is not emissions, but safety. This all started in the USA appr. 10 years ago when a deadly accident was caused by a bursting tyre.
    A few years later all US cars had TPMS (mandatory). And now, EU is following.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda Europe and the EU MEP will let you know its paramount advantage is emissions reduction as we love to fly the green flag when we are given half a chance..:Rolf: then there is the carbon offset malarkey yada yada,

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just discovered another nice little feature. (Shows I should look at my manual as I was beginning to wonder if it was me imagining it or a fault)

2014 Accord comes with two keys - nothing strange or unusual about that I hear you say but look more closely at the keys - something I have never done til today....

This will be of interest to you @lefty and @Nels

I think it's a 2014MY-on feature but check yours as well @Ichiban as it might be across the board of FL cars.... It definitely is not on PFL Accords. Well not 2009 and before anyway....

One key is labelled "Driver 1" and the other "Driver 2"

Each key is linked to the corresponding seat memory button meaning if "Driver 1" is used to unlock the car the seat will automatically move to memory button 1 settings (if it is not set there already) and vice versa.

You can set the other memory button to the key you are using however once you're in the car. This was how I noticed something happening when I unlocked the car. I'm using "Driver 2" as my everyday key and sometimes I have the seat in memory button 1 settings. I was wondering why there was sometimes a "beep beep" when I unlock my car.....

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers bud. :Thumbup: That confirms my initial thought - replacement keys are darn expensive!

I just wish the Accord key buttons and "H" would keep their original finish longer.... Mine are already wearing off and the chrome totally gone on the "H".... :Sobbing:

Dare I say it but the current Civic key is a better design in the respect that the "H" badge is encased in clear plastic which will protect it from getting scratched off....

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get that red H Type-R logo on ebay its masks it well for 6 months before it drops off.LOL
    - - - Updated - - -
    John get this pop the Red emblem out carefully and use it on your 8th Generation.

That will last as it encased not exposed like the 8th Generation.

For 7th Generation owners its a direct fit, just remove the back cover and put this on.