Autocar 2015 Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC Sport Navi UK review

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Autocar, Friday 20th Feb, 2015.

1. Autocar Auto-Generated News Feed

civic-fcor2.

Honda's quirky hatchback gets styling and equipment tweaks for 2015, as well as this new Sport trim After facelifting its Civic for 2014, Honda has given its family hatch another refresh for the coming year.This time around the changes are more significant. The most obvious are to the styling, which starts with new headlights, but also includes new bumpers, daytime running lights, side mouldings and rear spoiler.Inside there are now chrome door handles, new door trims and new seat fabrics, but most notable is the inclusion of Honda's new Android-based infotainment system, Honda Connect.Mechanically, the only changes are to the dampers, which have been slightly adjusted in favour of a more comfortable ride.The Sport trim we're driving is new to the range for 2015, and adds black 17in alloy wheels and a colour-coded rear spoiler to help it stand out. It'll need to, against accomplished rivals such as Volkswagen's Golf, Ford's Focus and Seat's Leon.

Source: AutoCar

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :sleep:so the prefacelift guys you had a harsher ride tough deal with it plebs.

3. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley

Haha no love for the Swindon Civic then?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why the facelift is 1800 quid cheaper than the pre facelift, the facelight as so many other features which makes them look in the mirror and you have been had. JA.PNG

5. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

So all the customers that are still buying the pre-facelift are paying more and dealerships probably won't mention that the new car is better specked and cheaper as they probably want to sell the old stock first.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why would they they have nice bonus to look to if they shift those tins. So if what the customer does know won't hurt em.

7. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very true, just read that Autocar review and noticed that the little Civic is a whopping £21,430 and weighs 53kg more than my 2.0 CL7.

Think I would Rather spend 12k on an 8th Generation Accord and have nearly 10k left over for the higher running costs knowing that I was driving about in a far superior car.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup 8th Generation Accord is far superior in all departments to the Civic,

9. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Apart from MPG, and road tax, and magic seats and...