General 2016 Honda NSX - YouTube

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by legend-ary, Saturday 26th Sep, 2015.

1. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I was being my usual self spending endless hours listening to VTEC sounds and NSX related videos and came across this! tbh it has taken so long that I had lost interest in the new NSX. The endless wait is just... and now its delayed even more due to some reason..

anyways.. .saw this video and I am in LOVE! the shape is just so clean and modern.. although the design is already 3 years old but still looks awesome. [ the car was re-engineered and made larger in 2014, the overall styling was revealed in 2012 concept]

red one seems to have a different spoiler extension.. wonder if you can spec it up :O i just really hope the current delays result in Honda updating it to match current crop of R8 and 488.

DeviateDefiant, Nels and AccordCU2 like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Looks Fabulous in Red thanks bud good find.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yep, the red NSX is the one !

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Looks fantastic, but they sound awful because of the Turbos.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When the last time you seen one to make that assessment. ?

6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Theres quite a few vids of it being tested, you can hear it, sounds rubbish like most Turbo engine, lacks any drama or character.

Thats not the sound of a supercar.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    uum don't judge a book my its cover there is no MIC in this world which is better than the human ear. I reserve judgement when you hear it with your own pair.

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    True that, but you can take a video of the original NSX or some other great sounding N/A engine in a similar style video to that and they will generally sound great.

I've never found a Turbo engine that sounds mechanically good, you usually need some fancy exhaust system to make them sound great, although most usually end up sounding like fart cans, only one I like is the burble from boxer scoobies with the unequal headers, N/A engines always sound great with or without fancy exhausts.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Here's another case in point the new Ferarri v8's with turbo, they sound awful, almost broken like they coughing out blood

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Turbo engine are best sounding machine is there was any, or the whine of the supercharger.

You will be in minority who don't like forced induction.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Well I'll disagree with that, turbo engines always drown out engine noises, it's just the way they work, with N/A engine its all raw mechanical work and high revving, its not coughing up after 3k. There is no replacement for pure mechanical engine noise, i can list whole host of cars that have had turbo's fitted on new model and sound rubbish as a result, look at the new M cars, they sound rubbish too, compare engine note with old N/A engine.

I might or might not be in the minority, but I have never liked turbo cars, I like high revving N/A cars, I like working the engine and feeling part of it, turbo's just don't have that. Superchargers are different to turbos and have less of the issues, but i'm a purist so N/A all the way for me.