Tyres & Wheels 225/45 x 17 Tyre Pressures for FR-V?

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Bones126, Tuesday 14th Apr, 2015.

1. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Whilst away last week in Devon I had a bit of an incident that resulted in 2 wrecked tyres.
    As it was the day before travelling back I needed to get them done and the only option available to me without going miles out my way was to replace all 4 tyres was moving from 205/55's to 225/45's (they all needed changing soon anyway).

Looking at tyre pressures on the net they all seem to suggest 30 front and 30 back, the tyre guy set them all 32 so no real problem.

But my question is, what are your thoughts on tyre pressures for the FR-V with it being a heavier car and transports up to 6 people with luggage., the 205's also had a difference of 2lb psi lower at the back.

Any thoughts or suggestions or cert recommendations of 225/45 x 17 tyre pressures?

Cheers
    Dave

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Kerb weight of the FR-V is actually lighter than some specs of Accord, just looks bulkier LOL

Not got as far as looking into tyre pressures for my FR-V yet.

I'd be tempted to run 35 front and 32 rear if I was carrying alot of weight though.

Bones126 likes this.
  3. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Cheers Speedy, sounds about right to me.