General 240 Landmarks of Japanese Automotive Technology

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Thursday 16th May, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda has a very strong tradition in being pioneers in a lot of automotive technologies. They are very proud of being the first company in the world to achieve a lot innovative technologies. I recall whilst working at Honda in the 1990's I had this poster in my bedroom called 1st in Honda technologies I wish I had kept that poster it was damaged by dampness through the walls, you cannot get that poster anywhere. In hindsight I wish I had framed it rather than stuck it on the wall, I can still recall that poster so vividly... anyway I digress :Wub:
    on the poster It had NSX the first production car in the world to have a aluminium body, the Prelude with its 4 wheel steering, the solar car atleast two dozen other worlds first!

Now I found this site by JSAE –aka Japanese Society of Automotive Engineers which bring you closer to what Honda achieved since in its conception and see what the entire Japanese automotive industry did on the whole.
    240 Landmarks of Japanese Automotive Technology

One my favourites innovation was the first ever Honda Electro Gyrocator in 1981, which we know now as Honda Navi or Sat Nav. Have a look at the other innovation and enjoy the Honda History.:Thumbup:

Honda Electro Gyrocator. 14-2-3. 14-2-2.

2. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Cheers fella, that'll keep me awake all night.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Maybe it was all the white symbols displaying on the screen that meant it failed the equivalent NCAP :whistle

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That German turd wasn't mass produced simples

9. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    :Grin: though t you,d appreciate that one

but seriously do you know what happened to that design??

i,ll tell you

it was scrapped...................... they threw away the wheels and it was the first to be what we know as today .............a skip :Grin:

Ichiban likes this.
  10. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Ah the gas powered first navigation unit. Got a picture of this huge devise on an Accord dash. Plus I know someone in Switzerland who has one. Don't know if it works though.

The four wheel steer car mule was actually two 1st Generation Accord fronts cut and shut together. I'll dig out a picture.

Chris Scott 1.

Found it. Weird eh

Wiki link for the gas nav

electro Gyrocator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Electro_Gyrocator.