Service & Maintenance 2nd mot

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Mike c, Friday 3rd Jan, 2014.

1. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I took my CR-V for its second MOT today and it passed with flying colours . When I asked the tester if there was anything to look out for his reply was" absolutely nothing, it is perfect" mind you with just 18800 miles on the clock I would not really expect too many problems.
    regards - one happy bunny:Smile:

Mike c

Ichiban likes this.
  2. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    To be expected, but wow-that is a very low mileage for a 4 year old CR-V!

3. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

you want to take my 1993 Prelude in February I hate to think what I got to do to pass :Hey:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good News Mike :Thumbup: My 7th Generation is due its MOT in Feb it will need tyres before the test for sure.

5. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I did worry a little about the emissions following the problem with my wife's Jazz
    last year , she does similar mileage to me (short runs and low mileage ). I had to have a new lambda sensor fitted to the Jazz to get it through its MOT.

I decided to give the CR-V a helping hand and treated the last tankful of fuel to a bottle of Forte Advanced Gas Cleaner and used the right pedal with a lot of gusto over the last week , it must have helped as the tester said the emissions were very good. The car seems to run sweeter too.
    The only other thing I did was to put a new set of tyres on a few weeks ago. The tyres were pretty good tread wise but there was signs of radial cracking around the tyres (too much standing still?)
    A quick check over the basics , a clean and that was it.- job done.

The next one is the Jazz in March
    regards
    Mike c

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Before you take the Jazz in for a test make sure you do the Italian tune job and get that temperature up , also stand in the MOT viewing area to see if the technician is hold the revs up on the test! :Wink:

7. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I agree, the problem I had last year was that it had stood for 3 weeks due to the snow (my wife won't drive in the white stuff) and I literally had to dig it out before taking it straight to the MOT. The car was stone cold and even though the tester did his best to get it through the test it just would not pass the emissions test. As you say, this year I will give it some we'll before taking it for the test. I will probably treat it to some Forte as well.
    Hopefully, the weather will be kinder to us this year- remember last march?

Mike c

8. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I am a little surprised at this merger as this thread relates to a questionable service by a Honda dealer and not the MOT. My reference to the MOT was purely to emphasise that the vehicle had been checked by an independent body and the problems highlighted are dubious.

Mike c

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://hondakarma.com/threads/8826/

Thread reinstated for you. :Smile:

Only merged them since you made reference to work needed after your MOT which was not picked up during the MOT :Thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014