Facelift Model 3 years on...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Paul, Thursday 27th Mar, 2014.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well I had the three year anniversary of my Accord the other day and thought it was time I updated everyone with how lifes been with it.

I've done about 35,000 miles in it with minimal problems. At the start of ownership it had a new ABS modulator and exhaust manifold under warranty. Apart from that its just been servicing and a set of new tyres all round, oh and a new battery - preventative maintenance. The last service advised new ARB bushes and these are in the garage waiting for a nice day. The clutch slipped about 20,000 miles ago but has been fine since and just shy of 90,000 miles now.

I drive steady in her and averaged 48 MPG since I had her so no complaints.

What would I change? - Nothing to be honest. I still enjoy driving her and despite her age am planning on keeping her for another couple of years. I daren't drive an 8th Generation as i'll probably want to change sooner!

Here's to many more miles of trouble free driving!

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Paul, she has been good to you, so how often do you service her ?

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

She's gets just the one service a year usually between Christmas and New Year. I think my style of driving helps though.

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Always ensure it's 0W30 though that's used.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Cool. Might spend sometime on my girl at the weekend, I've been a bit lazy with work in the garage recently.

Done the oil change a couple weeks back using my new vacuum pump. Need to look at the handbrake it's getting a little high and do a couple of other things.