Service & Maintenance 31k service coming up and wondering about MTF change?

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by nsxer, Friday 22nd May, 2015.

1. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

hi
    yes some of you may wonder what service interval is this?
    its my own I have opted to do a service on our CR-V every 6k.

anyways ... apart from the usual suspects such as 0-30 oil and oil filter, pollen filter should i be looking at the MTF fluid?
    checked the service interval from honda and they are saying another couple of years.
    not noticing any real issues with the gear selection on my car ... a tad notchy in 1st and 2nd but never hard to engage or anything like that and once going its fine. but was wondering what are people's thoughts on this?
    too early

I have already replaced the fuel filter when i purchased the car at 18k ... so was not going to bother until the next service ... whats the opinion on that?
    Same with the Active diff pump fluid, i done it at 18k ... any reason to change it at this stage again?

need a new wiper blade on driver side ... should these only be purchased from Honda or is there decent quality after market ones ... eurocarparts had denso and was wondering if these were stock

any thoughts greatly appreciated

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Apart from the time and money, changing the fluids/filters more frequently can only help to keep her in tip-top condition.
    As for wiper blades, it seems to be personal preference.

Search Results for Query: wiper blades

nsxer likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I change the MTF on both my Manual Accord nearly regardless what I do. Gearbox oil is more stressed than the engine as it has no cooling no filtration so for good reasons this should be changed sooner.

nsxer likes this.
  4. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks!

MTF will be done then :Smile:

5. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

@Ichiban do you know the quantity of fluid required for the manual for a drain & refill?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate just look up in the guides section i am sure the service schedules are there if not I will upload em.

7. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Think I found it. 2.5l seems to be a number