Bulletins & Advisories 3rd and 4th Generation CR-V HID Headlight Level Sensor Failure

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Service News, Saturday 22nd Dec, 2012.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    Model Model code Year Model
    CR-V RE5 & RE7 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 & 2012
    CR-V i-CTDi RE6 2007,2008 & 2009
    CR-V i-DTEC RE6 2010, 2011, 2013

Honda TSB released for the above models on the 21-12-12 TSB #SM-08-008-00

The Symptoms.

An abnormal sound may be heard from the suspension whilst driving and, or the automatic adjustment of the HID Headlight beam is impaired or non operational.

The Cause.

The HID Headlight Sensor ball joint rubber splits due to deterioration which causes the ball joint to seize and link rod to fracture.

The Fix

The HID Headlight Sensor rubber boot material has been improved which prevents the ball joint rubber splitting.

The Check method

CRV HID Headlight Level Sensor Failure AOCUK 1.
    Ref Component Check Criteria
    ABall Joint Link RodAny distortion, crack or fracture
    BBall Joint BootCracking, splits or missing rubber.
    CBall JointExcessive stiffness or movement in the both ball joints.
    If the ball joint link, ball joint or ball joint rubber boot is defective, replace it below

33136-SWA-003 Sensor Assy Headlight Adjuster Front.
    33146-SWA-003 Sensor Assy Headlight Adjuster Rear.

Bowler likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    2nd TSB for all brand new 4th Generation CR-V produced in... you guess it ! :Wink:

3. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

This might explain why my dipped lights are too high and I keep getting flashed. When I start my other car with HID / auto-level the lights come on and i see the beams drop as the system adjusts. With my 2011 CR-V they just switch on, no beam correction and the lights are too high.

Please can someone let me know where the link arm is so I can check?

Thanks

4. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    Evening, the model code in the above TSB, is that found in my VIN number?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes it will be in the 17 digit VIN.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Please ring your local dealer for them to look at it and if found to be out of spec they will get the warranty raised.

6. Boggie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks! Is this a recall issue so will be addressed regardless of being out of warranty? If not then I will check and replace the rods myself. On which struts will I find them please?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Wow! £205 each!! Factor in a couple of hours labour and we're looking at £550-£600!!!

7. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    Cheers Ichiban! i will check if mine works, if not I've got 12 months Honda used warranty so hope that will cover things like this!