ICE & HFT 3rd Generation CR-V OEM Sat Nav wiring diagram

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Siva R, Monday 28th Dec, 2015.

1. Siva R Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Siva Cambridge
    I own a 2012 (3rd Generation face lifted Ex trim) CR-V that came with the factory fitted Sat Nav unit (Part No: 39540-SWA-Eo80-M1). I would like to replace that with an aftermarket unit (e.g. Kenwood, Pioneer etc). Would much appreciate if anyone could provide me with the OEM unit's wiring details please?

The OEM stan nav setup also includes a USB audio control unit as well.

I checked on the Connect2 leads / Auoleads for steering wheel controls but couldn't find none that would connect with the existing wiring harness. I would be much interested to hear from anyone who has replaced their OEM sat nav with an aftermarket one.

I did replace the OEM nav unit on a 2008 Ex CR-V a few years ago. Back then, with the use of an ISO lead, I was able to connect the car's wiring harness with to the Kenwood unit. I did few other modifications to get the OEM reverse camera working too. However, the 2008 model didn't have the USB audio control unit.

I have since learned that the OEM sat nav unit on 2007/8/9 CR-V models is different to that of factory fitted on 2010/11/12 (3rd Generation). The differences are in the back connectors.

I have also looked at the far eastern made double DIN sat nav units (those specifically made for CR-V's that only came with the Radio/CD plyer). However, the connectors on those units are of plug and play type for 3rd Generation CR-Vs that came with the Radio/CD player system only.

One might ask why would I wanted to replace the OEM sat nav system - It's just the maps and the handsfree operation that pushed me in this direction. The Kenwood unit that I have in my old 2008 CR-V made life much easier.

Please find attached the pictures of the OEM unit.

Any leads, suggestions, guides etc will be more than welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@staff - could this thread be moved to the 3rd Generation CR-V section please?

@Siva R welcome to HondaKarma :welcome:

Do pop over to the introductions section and introduce yourself properly.

And :garage: as that helps other members to see exactly what car you've got when giving advice.

3. Siva R Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dear FirstHonda,

I seem unable to find the "Introductions" section. The 'Getting Started' is also greyed out. I am sure am missing something or not looking in the right places!
    Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
    Siva

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Siva. It can be a real pain trying to convert some of these OEM ICE and Sat Nav systems to aftermarket.

I'm surprised there's no ISO connectors available and wow there's a lot of connector on the back of that Sat Nav unit.

I can't think of where you'd get a wiring diagram for that either.

@Allwoods Audio @chris2982 can you advice ?

6. hi @Siva R

I will have a look into this and see if there is anything available.
    I am having the same issue on my ( @chris2982 ) FR-V regarding the steering wheel controls.

as for a new head unit ,, if you find one you like the look of give me a shout and I will see what sort of price I can get for you.

will be in touch,
    chris.

7. Siva R Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Chris. Looking forwrd to hearing from you. Siva

8. not good news I'm afraid @Siva R , only harnesses I can find are for the 4th generation, sorry.

chris.

9. Siva R Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Chris for your search. I would appear that all those who own the 3rd Generation facelifted CR-Vs are in bit of a limbo with regard to the OEM sat nav replacement!