For Sale 4-2-1 Custom Header for CL9

Discussion in 'Commercial Traders' started by littlebo, Friday 16th Jan, 2015.

1. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    Hey guys. What do i have here ... A custom header. Not really custom, its improved copy, but some custom is there .

Few lyrics b4 i start promotion = ) As far as we can see , the header market for CL is quiet inconsistent.
    We have some DC sport and its cheap cheap clones made off BS, with poor performance and quality. I don't think they worth even 100bucks , youll just drabble er hands. Then we have something like Weapon R, which is some kind of Toda replica and PLM, which is a replica for Hytech. They both have rather nice performance but also have problems with design and material quality. I mean cheap knock off tube used for build. Its thin like foil ( 1.2-1.5mm ) and its a seam type tube, it cracks. This leads for different issues like noise, vibration, hissing, cracking, buzzing, weird o2 bung positions which require to cut and split sensor wires and so on.
    Then we have big names for rich guys, Hytech , ASP , SSR, Toda , Feels , and so on.
    I used lots of cheap built headers ( WR, PLM ) for projects and im really tired of customer complainings and im tired to fix the problems, to weld em , etc. Finally I decided to get rid of those problems and to build mid price range header which will be affordable, durable, quiet and with cool gains. I disassembled WR as one of the best price\performance headers, fixed engineering \design flaws and assembled it with top notch quality full stainless seamless 2 mm tube.

Heres key features of my header.

- Full stainless steel. Real stainless made to the standart,12c18n10t with 18% of nickel , not 2-4% like china "stainless" has. Its more elastic and can
    withstand heat load much better. Tube is SEAMLESS, nothing to crack there.
    - Thick weldings, not so beautiful but they are STRONG and they last.
    - Smooth internal crossovers, perfect intake windows geometry.
    - Close to stock o2 sensor bungs positions, no need to cut and extend wires, just relocate sensor wire over stabilizer bar and it fits perfect.
    - Custom size exit on demand for any catback size , 51-60mm , no steps ! For example, if you install WR on stock catback then youll have 60 to 51 step, this makes noise , affects flow and performance.
    - Stock type flanges, stock position. You can install OEM converter back in case you need to pass some smog test and so on.
    - High quality flex pipe, no cracked graphite donuts , no hissing, very stable.
    - High flow catalytic converter can be installed optionally, for those who don't like fumes and love mother nature.

Avg price for it ( depends on materials cost ) 500USD, shipping to UK around 50-60 USD , HFC around 140-150 USD. Yoll have all included in the box, gaskets, bolts, defouler for secondary o2 sensor.

Let me know if you have any questions \ interest. I have customers in EU with my headers and i can ask to leave some feedbacks if youd like.

crack. crack2. IMAG0100. IMAG0196. IMAG0224. IMAG0241. IMAG0243. IMAG0245. IMAG0246. IMAG0247. IMAG0248. IMAG0250. IMAG0251. IMAG0252. IMAG0253. IMAG0267. IMAG0268. IMAG0269. IMAG0284. IMAG0285. IMAG0287. IMAG0378. IMAG0380. IMAG0381. IMAG0382. IMAG0383. IMAG0384. IMAG0385. IMAG0386.

Last edited: Wednesday 20th Jul, 2016
    BB Baboonface, 03UC1 and PeteMM like this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Got to hand it to you here @littlebo, the craftsmanship looks excellent - thoroughly impressed with the work. If I hadn't ordered a Toda header recently I would strongly consider this, the price versus quality looks outstanding. Have you had any dynos run against other CL9 headers?

3. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Am I reading that right, $560 will have it shipped to my door?

That's currently £370 - which is an absolute bargain

4. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    Leo, i had no chance to test it vs some other products, need to arrange this, its a whole day and bunch of funds for dyno rent. and most hard part - i need to find few crazy chaps with other brands who will agree to jump on stock for base line then install their stuff back )) ill try to , though. few of my customers measured their car with header and reflash and got around 225-230, depends on dyno. so i can say its 20-22hp of top gains. but again , its not a whole story. part throttle daily driving is so nice, low end bump is awesome, pulls like damn diesel )

Yes Pete, the price is correct. Youll get what you see. Header, test pipe, and all you need to bolt em on. With "good" customs declaration youll be also easy on taxes and fees.

PeteMM likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    This sounds top !

I've only recently put a WeaponR on mine as Leo has said, I probably would have gone for this though.

@littlebo how much could you do hiflow cat with 3 hole flange on one side and two hole flange on the other, plus holes for primary and secondary ?

6. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    @SpeedyGee , Looks like you want to replace WR testpipe you have now. I can do this , just need to have your testpipe length and some measurements. I think it will be around 240-250 usd + ship. What i can highly recommend you is to find a local shop who will just cut a piece of pipe and weld in a HFC, reusing both flanges. This will be definately easier, cheaper and result will be 100%. I can supply HFC if needed.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Thanks. I will check out some local.

8. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    All they need to do is to take your pipe, fix it in the conductor ,measure HFC length, find the correct position for HFC , reposition o2 bungs , cut some pipe and weld HFC in. In case youll not be able to find some i can do this . You may also find someone for WR and i can build whole unit for you.

9. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    If I had the funds spare right now I would buy enough to stock them for the UK & Ireland dude, that is seriously cheap.

10. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    Damn.. That word cheap drives me crazy , i feel like im homeless working for food LOL :Smile: Ok, ley it be, its dirt cheap for UK , Ireland and Scotland, ppl in EU also happy with price, cmon guys, jump on it then !

I plan to build 4-1 one this spring, for extreme racers , its header for top revs. 4-2-1 available now is very good for daily driving.

11. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    I'm waiting for mine to replace my WR header :Smile:

12. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    Put me down for one of these @littlebo , I just need to sort the funds out, should be in next month or so. :Smile:

13. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    @JamesS , shure , i always trying to have one in stock. @dinoc just installed one.

note the difference in tone. its short and deaf. First impression - its quiet. Hope to see his full review soon.

K24 CL9 GUY, SpeedyGee and JamesS like this.
  14. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    I've just installed the headers from littlebo which replaced my Weapon-R headers.
    Have them both side by side I could compare them better and I noticed the difference in the metal quality used.
    The headers from the littlebo uses thicker steel, which you could hear from the above video so in time it will be less prone for cracking.

The headers were matched with the stock exhaust and the headers from littlebo has smooth transition to catback size (while with WR I did not have that).

Now these are the impressions after have them installed:
    - noise while the car idles or during low speeds - zero (with WR I had a small rattle noise while the car was idling or during low speed)
    - noise while driving hard (including WOT) - zero (with WR I had a hissing sound while flooring it)

Overall I'm pleased with these new headers and I think they are being offered in a very nice package:
    - the gaskets are included with the headers (for instant the WR did not offer the gasket to the catback - I had to pay extra for that)
    - the littleboo's headers do not use donut type gasket like WR does which are prone for cracking and needs replacing
    - the defouler is included in the package ( I had to pay extra for a defouler to use with my WR header)
    - if you need smooth transition to catback size for the WR testpipe - you will need to find a shop to cut you WR testpipe and pay extra for that work
    - if you want a High Flow CAT with that WR, you need to pay extra for the CAT and find a shop to weld it for you (and another extra money)
    - if you want to reuse the OEM CAT for MOT purpose for instant you can't with the WR header, but you can with littlebo's headers ad the length of the pipe matches the length of the OEM CAT
    - the WR headers costs much more and if you add those little extra things (like smooth transition, defouler, gasket, labour for the shop, ...) it will costs even more

I've uploaded some pictures with the headers bellow (in some pictures you can see them side by side with the WR headers)
    Dropbox - mine littlebo, how many CEL does the CAT uses (just by curiosity) ?

IMAG0315. IMAG0312. IMAG0314. IMAG0316. IMAG0317. IMAG0320. IMAG0333. IMAG0335. IMAG0337. IMAG0353. IMAG0355.

Ichiban likes this.
  15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

@dinoc would you mind if I added the pictures to the forum instead of linking to your dropbox account ?

I must say that @littlebos header looks really impressive !

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @dinoc very impressive I have added the picture for you :Wink: I can see a Acura in the workshop I take it you work for Honda Hungry\ dealership?

17. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Thanks Ichiban.
    No :Smile: I don't work for Honda/Acura :Smile: , I have installed the headers to a Honda dealer.
    Next to my car they were servicing an Acura RDX (nice spot by the way) :Smile:

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Nothing escapes @Ichibans eagle eyes :Smile:

19. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    @dinoc , HFC rated @ 250 cells. RDX ? in RO ? Lets flash it, will be a beast :Smile:

20. DeFToNYc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello, how much with the shippment to Spain?