Aftermarket Kit 4 bike carrier for 05 CR-V

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by crvnewbie, Thursday 14th Feb, 2013.

1. crvnewbie New Member Getting Started

Hi all

As my username suggests I am new to CR-V ownership having recently bought an 05 plate CR-V.

I need to buy a bike rack capable of carrying 4 bikes (2 adult and 2 child), and have been given some conflicting advise regarding what will fit and what won't (maily due to the spare wheel on the back).

I have a roofbox so can't consider a roof mounted solution, so I'm looking for any recommendations for a tow bar mounted 4 bike carrier.

I have been advised that the Atera Strada DL MAY fit, depending on the type of tow bar ball (as yet there is no tow bar on the car so I can be flexible on which one to fit - preference being for a detachable one so i don't bruise my shins every time I go to Tesco!).

Does anyone have any advice regarding this particular bike rack, or alternatively is there another 4 bike solution that will work?

Thanks in advance,

Al
    :Thumbup:

2. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Hi Al, Sorry can't advise you on bike racks, but would like to welcome you to the forum. Always good to get new CR-V owners on board.

3. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Hi Al,
    I had a similar problem with the FR-V as the tailgate will not support a boot mounted rack and I don't have the roof rails. Luckily I had a MaxxRaxx in the garage so had a standard flanged towbar fitted and use that - it is excellent (and yes, the shins are suffering!)
    They are available for swan neck bars but I don't know about detachables