Tyres & Wheels 4 lug to 5 lug

Discussion in '5th Generation (1994-1997) [Rover 600, Isuzu Aska]' started by stef2082, Thursday 13th Sep, 2012.

1. stef2082 New Member Getting Started

I have some super nice rims but my car only has 4 lugs and my rims are 5 lug, I was wondering if it would be possible to switch out the front and rear axle on the 97' accord with either a 97' Prelude or the 97' Acura legend? I'm open for any other ideas but those rims are gonna go on my car one way or the other

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    hey Stef, Welcome to AOC

I reckon it could be possible for the front if you compared the spines on the front hub of your car to that of the 97 Acura or 97 Prelude. then there is the factor the length and width of the hub.

This kind of information is ready available to people who do engine swaps and have to upgrade the drive shaft and the rest. It take a lot of time and effort to sit and go through the parts and see which works.. the engine swap guys will know this in a heartbeat.

keep us posted.:Smile: if you need any technical info I will try to assist.

3. chris167 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hull
    if your car is between 90-97 then you can swap your front hubs over from the 2000 v6 coupe its stapped with an 'F' on it, im sure its the Prelude rear hubs you use. if your still interested let me know and ill find out.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for the insight chris :Hey: