Suspension, Steering and Brakes 4 Wheel Alignment

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Saturday 20th Sep, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I got the 4 Wheel Alignment done this morning and as suspected it wasn't right. I could tell from driving it but also looking at the front O/S wheel which was sitting at a funny angle.

Anyway, much better now although not perfect because the camber (I think?) couldn't be adjusted although it was just luck that the left side was already correct but not the right. He said I could get an arm which would allow adjustment for a few hundred but I'm not bothered about that to be honest as I'm not going down the suspension road again! lol He said it just looks bad because it's in red but the values are actually nothing to worry about.

I would have thought the front camber would be adjustable?

Am I getting the readings right though, I would have thought it to be for the ones showing on the left and right sides:

1st - Front Caster
    2nd - Front Camber
    3rd - Front Toe
    4th - Rear Camber
    5th - Rear Toe

Then the middle ones:

1st - Total front Toe
    2nd - Total rear Toe
    3rd - Thrust Angle

CR-V%204%20Wheel%20Alignment%20Report.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Yes, you've got the fields right mate. It's not a terrible tracking report at all, though I'm not sure what the cause of the heavier camber on both right wheels would be - you been eating a few McDonalds Graham? :Laughing:

I wouldn't worry about it, that tracking should be pretty good, though I've had gone for Hunter Alignment personally as they have far less error margin compared to most "backstreet garage" machines (not sure who you used).

Adjustable suspension rarely costs a few hundred mate, rear adjustable arms tend to run £80-100 and front ball joint around £50, if you go for full adjustable arms on the front then you're looking at £200 or so. Of course, I'm going by Accord prices here, I'm not sure how the aftermarket is for the CR-V. I wouldn't bother mate, unless you plan on slamming her :Laughing:

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It was GSR and a Hoffman 3D camera machine. The 560 i think from memory. It was 5something lol

They are also an official rally team and are full of evos and wrx's so I'm guessing they are pretty good lol

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I personally don't like the ones that clip onto the hub, attaching them fractions of a millimetre off throws the entire reading out. I've had to have mine "fixed" by Hunter Alignment after using one of those before.

Nonetheless if the car's not pulling and behaving itself I wouldn't worry :Smile:

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm thinking of visiting a different place for alignment as I'm sure my steering wheel is still a tiny bit off centre. Kenneth Brown Engineering are regarded as one of the best in Scotland, he even managed to align my MPS despite the control arm adjusting bolt's washer being sheared off lol so perhaps I'll try him. Only problem is that it's very difficult to get a Saturday booked.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'd say that's a good shout if you still feel there's an issue with the car :Smile: