Aftermarket Kit 4th Generation CR-V Centre Console Swap?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Friday 10th May, 2013.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As you can see from these three pics, the centre console area on the USA model CR-C is totally different to that found on UK models.

Would it be possible to buy the bits in the US and swap them over?

Very tempted to do this...

Last edited: Monday 22nd Sep, 2014
  2. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I like that. The leather seats also look better. Mine have little holes in the seat, rather than smooth like my Accord.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If retrofittable, and I can't see why it wouldn't be, then I will definitely be asking for details on this.

4. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Doesn't European CR-V have better quality materials than the US one?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Swindon Septic here = Hell no

Sorry to CR-V owners don't take it personally.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would say that is easily achievable just need to see those heated seat buttons they look different.

7. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda press release: "High quality materials chosen specifically for the European market CR-V add a warmth and premium finish to the cabin."

http://www.mobilitychoicemotoring.co.uk/uploaded/files/Honda CR-V press pack.pdf

I also read in several reviews that the US 4th Generation CR-V comes with very hard plastic all around (sort of like the 8th Generation Civic), whereas the European 4th Generation version comes with many soft touch points, specifically on the dash.

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No, they are pretty much identical. I drove a 2.4 CR-V in the USA last summer and its the same cabin quality.

Buttons are exactly the same CJ - hence why I believe it is possible to retrofit.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You'll need to ensure that the wiring loom isn't different between the two but must say that does look good.

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Heated seat switches should e just plug-n-play, although the centralised power port could be an issue. I agree, this console looks a lot better than the one available here in the UK, although that too is not bad in itself either.

11. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    How come I can't see TDK photos on my iPhone? When I click on the link I get small squares appear but when clicked nothing happens.
    Any ideas ?
    Mike c

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes - throw that CrApple away and get a proper fone! :Rolf: :Happy:

No idea, pics are working fine for me.

SpeedyGee likes this.