Body, Paint & Styling 4th Generation CR-V EX 2.2 i-DTEC With Accessories (Sports Grille/Exhaust Trim)

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Saturday 3rd May, 2014.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Finally added the sports grille (colour coded) and the exhaust garnish (which is friggin huge in real life!).

No more modding - car is now just the way I had envisioned it.

And a big thanks as always to the team at Holdcroft Honda!

Last edited: Monday 22nd Sep, 2014
    leonard, DeviateDefiant and AccordCU2 like this.
  2. T10KJC Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This looks brill ,looks fantastic photo,s only show a small portion what it is really like ,and of course im not jealous.
    Top car great to meet you @ HH today

3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Great car Saj. It looks even better than the 2015 mugen CR-V!

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks really good.
    Starting to look more like Batmobile.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It looks stunning Saj in fact even better de-badged very stealthy, blimely no soot on the tail pipe garnish too :Icecream:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ps try to rub the wax into the pad evenly with your fingertips, or even if you brave try applying wax with the palms of your hand.. and when applying with a pad gentle and slow motion with minimal pressure. The parking sensor have wax ring around em bud, take cotton buds dipped in IPA and you can remove em :Drinks:

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Great to meet you too Kev! Glad you liked the car!

Cheers Jase - although if I could, I would love to get my hands on the Mugen grille, but I have not seen it on sale anywhere.

Yes I have been a but untidy around the rear sensors - I'll probably tend to them tomorrow properly. Thanks for the hat-tip too!

The tail pipe is amazingly big - I had no idea how big it was till I saw it. Thankfully the car has enough clearance, as does the pipe, to make cleaning it very easy. That said, all the HH crew were loving my car :eek:

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:Laughing:

I need to invest in some new badges for the front/rear first!

My only regret with this car is the lack of ADAS. That was my own choice because I am not a fan of the standard grille - I knew I would change it to this one, so opted not to have it. My one big criticism of Honda is their failure to have an ADAS-compatible optional front grille. It really is quite ridiculous that they do not. Its just moulded bloody plastic, nothing special. Sigh.

But am glad I finally got the new grille on. The entire car looks different.

Even the wife noticed it - and she never notices ANYTHING! :Aghast::lol:

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Wow, what a difference it makes to the front end. She looks 10x better like that mate.

10. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Love the "new" look DK. I know what you mean regarding the size of the exhaust finisher. I have the round one fitted and I thought this was big also but as you say with room around it to keep it clean!

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers sir!

I did consider the round finisher first, but the oval one was actually cheaper and thats why I went for it not really sure there is any other Honda accessory left for me to add....!!!

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It could seem odd, to have spent so much time and money on a grill that you now hardly notice.
    However, the result, of a grill that blends in with the bodywork, and makes the badge more prominent is clearly a winner.

It's difficult to make a great car better, but you've managed it. The tailpipe is the finishing touch.:Thumbup:

Hats off to you :Hey:

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanking ye kind Sir!

Although, if I could get my grubby hands on the Mugen CR-V grille, I would be a very happy bunny!

You have to admit, it looks awesome!!!

Last edited: Saturday 6th Dec, 2014
  14. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That CR-V in the pic looks superb.Would love to do something like that if i ever buy a CR-V in the future.
    Do it,you know you want to.

15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Wub: :Wub: :Wub: :Wub: :Wub: :Wub: :Wub: :Wub: :Wub: :Wub:

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Trust me Zoran, I would!

But that grille is just not on sale anywhere :Sobbing:

If it is, someone tell me/show me!

(Not too keen on the OTT bodykit though - destined to be damaged on Britains streets - perhaps when I move to some uninhabited desert space or North Korea,,,,, :eek:

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

You just need to phone a Mugen dealer, go to their website for an EU list :Smile:

18. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Already done that a long time ago. I suspect this is a one-off Mugen product not destined for the mass market so it retains an air of exclusivity. I can understand that, but am disappointed its not available. That said, I am very pleased with the sports grille I have now.

Car just looks totally different from the front.

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah it really does look different mate, complete different attitude to the car. The 3rd Generation CR-V Mugen grills are readily available when I checked earlier, perhaps the 4th Gens will be the same later in life - after all, not that many people go modifying a brand new car.

20. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

No doubt that the new grille looks great. :Thumbup: I'd say it is a big improvement over the standard.

BTW, cotton buds...an essential weapon on the armoury of any car cleaner with OCD. :lol: How else to clean round and inside badges properly, and around the wheel nuts without removing the wheels?! :SOS:

Ichiban likes this.