Detailing 4th Generation CR-V EX 2.2 i-DTEC

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by TheDarkKnight, Sunday 16th Mar, 2014.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Detailed last week. Few stone chips on the bumper (inevitable I guess) that need sorting out.

15 hours over two days. Washed, de-grimed, snow-foamed, clayed, washed, snow-foamed, dried, Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze, sealed with Autoglym HD Wax (need to buy more of that stuff).

Used the Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing, just wondering, is there anything better out there? Doesnt seem to be very durable - thats the only downside.

Arms still ache - need to invest in a DA at some point....

Last edited: Monday 22nd Sep, 2014
    AndyB1976, cred and DeviateDefiant like this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    She's looking great mate, good job :Thumbup:

3. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That looks very nice :Thumbup:.

I use Auto smart High style and find it very good as tyre shine

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanking ye - although my arms do not agree with you on the "good job" considering the pain they are still in! LOL

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice one TDK
    Bat mobile is ready to conquer the world
    :king:

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nah, need something bigger for that dude! :lol:

7. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice one Saj. :Thumbup: I follow the same process but use AG SRP before the poor boys.

8. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Nice finish buddy, for better durabilty make sure you scrub the tyre walls with a degreaser then rinse, follow up again with some all purpose cleaner then rinse and dry. the tyre dressing will adhere much better and will last longer. Zaino Z16 and also meguiars endurance are very good

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for the hat-tip!

Tyre-dressing is usually the last job - probably rushed it in hindsight as my arms were losing strength - felt "jelly"-like!

wanner69 likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have to say you doing a good job with straight line washing technique you can see a few swirls but Honda paint is soft even breathing don it will swirl it.

But impressed you have maintained that black really well.The best thing you ever did was to paint the hideous grey plastic fender trims to colour coded its looks perfect.:GoodJob: I would be proud of that.

11. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Looks amazing... ! Black is so hard to keep it looking this good

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hard is probably an understatement - as my arms will tell you!

Decided to invest in a DA polisher next month as well - there's a few paint defects that have appeared in one of the doors (bloody kids!) so will correct that. Only so much you can do by hand. Good workout though!

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Get a good one mate from a reputable brand, I've got a Silverline one which I managed to get half price but precision work with it (ie. not scratching anything and buffing perfectly) is a right bugger.

14. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

wanner69 likes this.
  15. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Meguiars orbitals get a lot of good press mate.

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is what I was thinking. And for that price, it seems to be a very good option with the kit that comes included.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  18. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    AccordCU2 likes this.
  19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for the advice!

As a relative novice that has for years relied on good 'ol elbow grease, what sort of polish etc should I be looking to use?

20. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    The 205 and white hex pad in the kit will get you the majority of swirl removal, for anything a little deeper then get a small bottle of Scholl S17+, its a medium cut polish that finishes nicely and is not too aggressive but always start with the least aggressive combo ie white pad and 205 and check your results on a test area, if you're happy with the results then continue with the rest of the car.

Ichiban likes this.