Bulletins & Advisories 4th Generation i-Mid information errors

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Service News, Friday 12th Apr, 2013.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

A few of the new CR-V owners may experience the following three symptoms (see below) on their i-MID unit. if you face these issues you will need to consult you nearest dealer for a software update provided your car has a USB port. For cars without the USB port will require the i-MID unit assembly to be replaced.Honda announced the following TSB # SN-10-009-00 dated 12-04-13.

The following car are affected.

ModelModel CodeYear Model
    CR-VRE5, RE72013
    CR-V I-DTECRE62013

The Symptoms

Some customers with 2013 year model CR-V may experience the following symptoms:
    1. Flashing i-MID and the rear seat belt indicator coming on.
    2. Driving mileage, trip A, trip B and fuel consumption indication disappear from i-MID.
    3. Audio Banner Message is missing from the i-MID.

The Cause

The i-MID receives corrupt CAN data from another unit on the CAN network. The corrupt data is stored within a CAN buffer. After receiving 16 packets of corrupt data,the i-MID’s CAN buffers become full so the i-MID stops all communication with the other network connections

The Fix

The i-MID software has been changed so that the CAN buffers will be emptied each time the ignition is cycled.

Application to Production Line

SHSRE5***DU302718 Europe 2WD
    SHSRE5***DU006763 Europe 4WD
    SHSRE5***DU100219 South Africa
    SHSRE5***DU203786 Russia
    SHSRE6***DU010875 Europe
    SHSRE6***DU100220 South Africa
    SHSRE7***DU100370 South Africa

The repair method

Cars with USB ports

Honda dealers have the file (263_SYS328_C3DB.bin) with the updates for car equipped with USB ports to update the system. It a simple case of connecting the USB memory stick and following the on screen prompts. The update will take thirty minutes to complete.

Cars without USB ports
    Replace the i-MID Unit.(Display, Assy Centre ).

Note: After i-MID unit replacement there is no need to update the new unit as it already has countermeasure level software installed.

Parts Information

Part NumberPart Name
    Left Hand Drive 39710-T1G-E21With Accessory Navigation DISPLAY ASSY, CENTRE (TFT) (PANASONIC)
    Right Hand Drive
    With Accessory Navigation DISPLAY ASSY, CENTRE (TFT) (PANASONIC

Total time to replace Replace the i-MID Unit is 40 minutes.

if you face any of these issues you will need to book your car into the nearest dealer.
  2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

At least this is not a major thing to rectify. :Thumbup:
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nope its nothing a software update however I can see a product improvement for the facelift 4th Generation will include all CR-V to receive the USB port to mitigate screen replacement.
  4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

But as with all software, no matter how robust you make it, there are always gremlins lurking.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    TBH majority of the dealers will catch this as part of their responsibility of care, I doubt anyone gets left out in the UK.