Optional Extras 4th generation roof bars

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Baggytrousers, Sunday 30th Jun, 2013.

1. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Any advice about fitting after market roof bars would be much appreciated. I have a 4th Generation with out factory roof rails but can't see any option for fitting after market roof feet and bars. A site selling Thule kit advertises that the 754 foot kit will fit the fourth generation but I can't see, subject to removing the entire plastic strip, how to fit them. My old Freelander used the same Thule feet hence I would like to be able to use them.

I can't find any reference to carrying loads on the roof in the manual.

Many thanks

Last edited: Sunday 30th Jun, 2013
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Since your car is an SE as rightly said you won't have the roof rails. even with roof rail the maximum weight is 75KG

909-4386.

As you see the small caps which can be removed then the roof bars can go on.I am not sure which aftermarket ones will fit directly on the painted surface.

View attachment 10388

3. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Ichiban I had seen the photos on the sticky accessory list you did.

I think on balance that that is the way to go and see that Cox Motor Parts direct are discounting them. I think I will get the proper part rather than relying on after market stuff.

Many thanks for your input/advice

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sweet buy them if you can get a bargain.

5. Baggytrousers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one mate just attached the link as PDF too just in case the link dies.