Bulletins & Advisories 5 Door Civic: Rear Door Weather Seal Deformed

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by Service News, Wednesday 12th Nov, 2014.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    Honda has issued the following TSB#S0-08-012-00 dated 12-11-2014 for another Swindon built car.

ModelModel CodeModel Year
    Civic 5 DoorFK1, FK2 & FK3MY12, MY13 & MY14
    Symptom
    The rear door seal around the outer handle appears deformed (A)

Cause
    Physical hand contact on the door seal as passenger exits from the rear seat during a tight parking space can cause the seal to roll out of its position.

2.PNG

Countermeasure
    No countermeasure will be applied to current model, design has changed for future models.

Application to Production Line
    No application to production will be applied to current model, design will change for future models

Market Treatment
    Repair on Customer complaint.

Repair Method

Although it may be possible to relocate the seal, weather strip seal should be replaced as first right repair. An additional adhesive double sided tape should also be ordered and applied during seal installation. NOTE : Left rear door is shown, right rear door is symmetrical
    1) Remove door weather seal as per WSM instructions .

2) Clean the door handle aperture with suitable alcohol based cleaner, at the point where the seal sits behind the handle and allow to dry.

3) Remove the paper protective cover from the adhesive tape (A) and apply the adhesive tape to the contour of the door edge (B), using edge (C) shown as a datum point. Adhesive tape is approximately 150 mm in length.
    4) Install door weather strip seal as per WSM instructions with the exception below. Before door weather strip seal (C) is in contact with adhesive tape (A), ensure the weather strip seal is cleaned with alcohol / solvent based cleaner and allow to dry.
    3.PNG

5) Remove the plastic protective tape cover as shown (B).
    4.PNG

6) Refit door weather seal making sure seal is firmly adhered with the adhesive tape.
    7) Refit outer door handle as per WSM instruction, making sure seal is fitted securly and has the same appearance as shown .

7.PNG
    Parts Information
    <Part Number> <Part Name>
    72810-TV0-E02 WEATHERSTRIP, R. RR. DOOR
    72850-TV0-E02 WEATHERSTRIP, L. RR. DOOR
    72811-TM8-305 Adhesive tape per door

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 14th Nov, 2014
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Another Swindon Job, next time use these.

Band-aid.

John Dickson likes this.
  3. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got the same thing happen on my 2010 Honda Insight ES. That one's made in Japan so it's not just Swindon.

It's happened on other doors too. Typically the first thing I'll notice is a slight rasping noise at motorway speeds.