Suspension, Steering and Brakes 55mph to 65 big vibration through the front of the car.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by hondalover55, Friday 23rd Nov, 2012.

1. hondalover55 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys.

My 2006 Accord Diesel shakes the whole front of the car when driving 55-65mph. Have taken to Honda and they told me to change both sides of the drive shaft. Other mechanic from different garage that i trust thought it was a drive shaft but only on the driver side. So, have changed the driver side drive shaft, the whole kit, and it made no difference whatsoever. What the hell else could it be???
    Brake discs are ok, they brake, and don't really shake when i brake. Other thing i can think of would be the tyres. They are some cheap Chinese tyres, calle Triangle. I have balanced them 3 times at 3 different garages, just to be sure. NO difference was made again.
    anyone can help??

2. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    From what I have picked up reading through the forum it's suggested most of the time that passenger inner CV joint is the culprit

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    unfortunatly honda knows better in this instance. the problem is its labour intensive to swap between two vehicles and you may struggle to get a garage to agree to this. the majority of the torque on Accords is sent through the passenger side. its difficult to tell exactly what shafts are the culprit, therfore idealy both should be replaced at the same time. you need a new passenger side driveshaft by the sound of things.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Excellent advice as always Beefy.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    i do my best :Thumbup:

Ichiban likes this.
  6. hondalover55 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi dear readers.

First of all i would like to thank all of you who have participated in this debate.
    I am gladly reporting what has happened so far.

I have listened to all of you and most of you have said that it is almost guaranteed that it is the left side drive shaft or CV joint. I have bought a new Left side drive shaft from Unipart for under £150 and have changed it. The problem is GONE!!!!! The car drives smoothly, no shaking or anything like that at all. No matter what speed you go, its nice and smooth, especially driving 55-65 MPH.

Thank you once again for all your help guys!!!!!!!

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Happy days! good result.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's great news. This is precisely why I like AOC. You get straight talking knowledgable folk on here who simply want help each other.

9. conkers New Member Getting Started

What was the result? any luck. I think it could be passenger side?

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Conkers, in post #6 Hondalovers55 said that changing the left side drive shaft fixed the problem !

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    Ichiban likes this.
  11. hondalover55 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

haha, thanks SpeedyGee for clarifying for conkers.
    Conkers, yes it has fixed the problem very nicely. No shake now whatsoever.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  12. revolver61 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Yorkshire
    My thanks to all members involved in this discussion, I have an Accord I CTDI Exec and have this problem where I get a lot of vibration through the accelerator pedal at between 50-60 mph. Now I can get the problem fixed knowing just what it is most likely to be thanks to you knowledgeable guys.:Smile:

SpeedyGee and DeviateDefiant like this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds