General 56 CR-V - May I ask a couple of questions, please

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Cleavage57, Monday 22nd Jun, 2015.

1. Cleavage57 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

1. I'd like to update the sat-nav with a new disk. I think I read that this can be risky and prone to failure? Thoughts or advice on where I can purchase, please?

2. The reverse alarm is so bloody loud! I can't locate it to place some tape or something over the speaker - anyone know where it's precisely located?

3. Where is the best place to buy a replacement headlamp washer as my darling wife drove into god knows what a snapped off the original?

Thank you very much for any advice, etc.

2. Cleavage57 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Added photo with version info

Sat-Nav System & version Info.JPG
    Last edited by a moderator: Monday 22nd Jun, 2015
  3. Davej5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dave Cornwall
    1. I think if you get a genuine disc the satnav should update OK, I took a chance on a non genuine one and it does not even read it.
    2. Don't know sorry, but mine is not that loud.
    3. I think the only place is Honda unless you can find a second hand one, I found most places don't bother taking them of the bumper when I wanted one, I ended up buying a bumper that had the washer still attached.
  4. Cleavage57 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Dave
  5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Get a genuine disc.. The parking sensor buzzer could be anywhere if it's not genuine sensors and with genuine sensors ime sure the buzzer should be fitted to the O/S/R inner trim. The washers are easy to replace. Just unclip the side of the bumper that your replacing and pull the bumper forward enough to get your hand down. There is one large horseshoe clip holding it on.
  6. Cleavage57 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers Beefy, I'll check all of that - appreciate your time
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Cleavage57 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nels likes this.
  9. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    On my 3rd Generation the reverse sensor is under the kick panel to the right of the passenger foot well. If memory serves the panel is just pull off