Off-Topic 5p off Vpower fuels on the 14th of Feb

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Saturday 11th Feb, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Damn,i filled mine yesterday to the top 80£. 1.42£ for litre

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Gone on treat your car for Valentine days .Shell will have you believe all of us need to love our cars on this day with 5p off..

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Gutted, filled up last week with VPD, cost me just under £80.

Don't you love your Accord then CJ?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ha more than you can imagine bud.. My car from 5 miles in 2007 has been run on Optimax and then Vpower..

What I was pointing to was the gimick of loving your car on the 14th is bit OTT... Shell marketing ploy in my eyes.

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Yeah it is a bit OTT for an advertising gimmick. But I only use shell even if it's not always VPD.

My car made me feel guilty yesterday, black car covered in white crusty road salt, it just sat there looking sorry for itself to the point where I had to wash it. I wouldn't say it was cold but I couldn't dry the car off because it had already froze. I even got on my hands and knees and rinsed the salt from the underside. My neighbours must have thought I was mad, or sad, not sure which! :Grin: But we do it for the love of it and having nice motors.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You are a brave man to get on your knees to wash your car in the cold. Respect !

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last time I washed a car when it was this cold the roof was frozen whilst drying it. The wife struggled to get into it as the doors were slightly frozen :Smile:

9. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I fill up twice a week full tank in the Civic, tomorrow will treat it to some v-power. Cheers for the heads up!