5th Generation CR-V Coming 7 Seat ?

Discussion in '5th Generation (2017-)' started by legend-ary, Friday 18th Mar, 2016.

1. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Honda CR-V set to grow in its next-generation

Judging by these images, Honda has essentially taken a CR-V and inserted a big, long door between the B- and C-pillars, stretching the wheelbase by what has to be several inches at the very least. This makes it a virtual certainty that when the new model debuts, it'll be with both five- and seven-passenger variants. Not only will this give Honda an advantage over basically all of its two-row-only competitors, it'll also create separation between its new entry level CUV, the HR-V.

honda-cr-v-spies-02-1.

exec and FirstHonda like this.
  2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I only have one thing to say...

...It's about bloody time!!

A 5-seat large SUV with a 7-seat option negates the need for an MPV - albeit a new 3+3 FR-V would be nice.

:gohonda:

FR-V and legend-ary like this.
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

let's just hope is comes to UK too.. USA already has the Pilot as 7 Seat SUV so would be really strange for the little brother to have same number of seats.

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ Agree @legend-ary

All Honda UK would need to have a really competitive range would be a City Car as well.

Then we could have:

- City Car (as in the range in Japan)
    - Jazz
    - Civic
    - HR-V
    - Civic Tourer
    - CR-V 5 Seat
    - CR-V 7 Seat
    - NSX

If I could be greedy, I'd like the Kei roadster too (S600).

legend-ary likes this.
  5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

That line up would be pretty awesome tbh. They need a cheap sports car so that S600 with 1.0 Turbo should definitely come to UK. I think Honda N has a lot potential to tap into the style conscious market currently dominated by Fiat 500, Mini, A1.. Vaxhaull Adam has failed but I think N would bring city car qualities of Up/Aygo/Picanto & design qualities of 500 class cars with it.. could be a winning combination. with current downsizing of engines people won't really mind the 660cc or even 1.0 NA engines.

*ahem* oh and the Accord should come back too.. lets just hope they downsize it a bit as the USDM one is too big atm

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    A seven seater CR-V would be of great interest to me come renewal!

7. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What engine will it come with? If it's under 180bhp on that monster it might be a bit sluggish.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I'd like to think there would be a 2.5 litre petrol with hybrid. I'd like to think that, anyway...

Racy Jace likes this.
  9. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm sure I read it's the HR-V engines going in it at 128bhp!

10. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

From auto car

Engines could mirror those found in the HR-V, including the 118bhp 1.6-litre diesel and 128bhp 1.5-litre petrol.

If the new CR-V is the same size as an audi Q7 I can't see those engines being good enough to be honest. They type-r engine might work ok though.

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

They should at the very least bring back the 2.2 I-DTEC for it.

Like you @Racy Jace I can't see the HR-V petrol engine being powerful enough. The 1.6 I-DTEC might be alright based on the reviews I've read though, but bigger would be better IMHO.

12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    HUK already said that next CR-V would be 7 seats and also be more premium......the price for all of that? It will be going up in price, I suspect starting prices will be around 36k-40k.

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It looks like they will base it on the same chassis as the CR-V that should be a decent cost saving for them for starters.

14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    If it's got a bit of power and decent leasing options I'll be all over it! Getting a sore leg from the lack of space in this Bavarian pocket rocket.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  15. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wonder why they have covered the front of the car when the business end for this model is left on show?

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It's a prototype, aside from the front the rest is just made from parts from current models, cut up somewhat.

So that's not the actual design they will go with, it's just what the hodge podge of parts made it look like.

17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    That would make sense, although the new global Civic platform is supposed to be extendable and I've read it could be used for an Accord and CR-V.

18. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

exec and FirstHonda like this.
  19. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

7 Sears, a hybrid model...updated styling. What's not to like?

...actually - and it is hard to tell from the spy shots - the body creases and front/rear treatments look quite like the latest Hyundais.

legend-ary likes this.
  20. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Actually the rear three quarters is quite similar to the new Jazz plus sad to say ever since Hyundai/KIA poached the lead AUdi designer their cars have been getting better looking. I remember when KIA was selling Pride which was a rebadged Festiva and now look at them.