ICE & HFT 6 th Generation Sound System Help

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by leeschof, Monday 27th Feb, 2012.

1. leeschof Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a 1999 2.0 ES Auto with the Bose amplified system,with say nav.
    The sound from the radio will suddenly go off,but the radio stays on and the nav sound also remains on.
    I beleive there is an equalizer (as Honda call it) in the from somewhere and an amp under the rear shelf i suspect the problem may lie here.. can anyone come up with any clues?
    Secondly to replace the old Bose with a modern cd head unit and keep the am working is easy as i have the wiring harness,however i lose the nav sound,is there any way of keeping the nav sound when changing the had unit?
    many thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Did you have any joy in finding a solution at this? perhaps if you had posted a few pictures you could have had a better response. It hard to visualise the schematics by your thread.

But please do tell us what you did in the end.

3. BensAccord New Member Getting Started

Hy
    I have a similar problem - over the last two years the problem has gone from a mild irritation to v. annoying. The radio will generally start and be ok for 5-10 minutes then it will go silent only to come back after 10-20 minutes.
    Did you get any suggestions ?
    Cheers

4. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    i would think it might be the amp has seen better days

5. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did find/figure out how to run the sub and amp from an aftermarket headunit if it turns out to be the headunit at fault

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    time for a upgrade they are cheap enough now.

7. demo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

had probs with my bose power and tones from vol bt no sound from stereo got aftermarket stereo and wire harness was only £8
    and worked fine