Off-Topic 60's 70's 80's 90's or 00's

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Friday 10th May, 2013.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What do you consider the best Era for music??? Has to be the 80's for me - even now I don't think anyone can touch that decade...

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Difficult one this, such different styles of music.
    I still really like some of the dance music from the 90s.

3. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Well I remember puff the magic dragon from 60's
    bay city rollers & osmonds from 70's
    to many to name from80's
    not sure about 90's
    00's mainly rubbish....( showing my age now)

4. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got to be the 80's for me, I love the hair Rock from that era, Poison, Motley Crue, DEF Leppard, Autograph, Bon Jovi (when they were actually good) I could go on

Malibu likes this.
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    60s here being a fingerstyle guitar fan, seems to me when all the roots were laid down. Chet Atkins, Michael Chapman, John Renbourn, Bert Jansch, The Shadows etc.

...and of course Peter, Paul and Mary!

Favourite artist of all time has to be the Dire Straits and I believe they started in the late 70s.

My music taste spans several genres tbh, the pioneering years for each differ.

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    No doubt for me: 80's. Prince at his peak, INXS, Lou Reed still very good, David Bowie, New wave and new beat era... What a time, what a music. Loved it.

Malibu likes this.
  7. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Got to be the late 60's early 70' for me with soul music being the main genre .
    Mike c

8. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brothers in Arms was one of the first albums digitally recorded and aimed at the cd market, I remember hearing it on cd and the quality and technology blew me away, I remember thinking that cd's would never take off as no one would be able to afford them, man how times change :Smile:

9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

80's for me.

I'd of love to have been in my 20's during the eighties. Cruising down the streets in a Ford Capri with the Pet Shop Boys powering out of the cassette deck. Oh wait......lol

10. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would have loved to have been a bit older aswell, to appreciate it more

I still have the first 7" single I ever bought, Sly Fox - Lets go all the way:Smile:

11. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

First record I bought was Queen, we are the champions!!

12. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Boom diggy diggy diggy boom diggy boom... With lyrics like that how can you look beyond the 90's! ( although I do like a lot of 80's stuff 2)

13. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Mine was Money for nothing (Dire Straits), single. Was 11 or 12 years old.
    It was the start of MTV.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My first album that I bought was OU812( Oh You Ate One Too) Van Halen. love that album.

15. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

First album for me was DEF Leppards Hysteria, Listened to it non stop for about 2 years.

still love that album

Ichiban likes this.
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    love DL and yup one of the all time greats for me too.

17. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    A confession: the very first full album I got in my hands (a present, didn't buy it myself) was 'Arrival' (ABBA). Listened to it endlessly... Must have been 7 or 8 years old.
    Another confession: in fact that's a great album with many real classics.
    And a 3th confession: because of nostalgic reasons I bought the remastered CD version just a few months ago....!!

Now that was a real classic 70ties album. Still love it. And those pictures on the album. Priceless.

18. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

80's for me too.

^^Still got this somewhere on LP. But I got a (Ferguson, remember them?) CD player shortly afterwards, so it is one of the very few LPs that I've got.. Everything else is on CD...including,

^^which I had in my CD autochanger just a few weeks ago. Great driving music.

Just so much great music in that decade, from pop stuff like Dexys and ABC (The Lexicon of Love, what a great album), rock like DEF Leppard and Iron Maiden and then moving on through things like New Order, Pet Shop Boys, Lloyd Cole, Kirsty MacColl, REM and Elvis Costello. Magic.

19. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Now lets show my age!!! The first Album I bought many many years ago was Fire Brigade by the Move. Who in turn went on to greater things ELO...
    My first single was the Quo and Caroline still like to rock to that now and again it brings back some good memories of my early days in the Army. I recently saw the reunion tour !!!!! A night of nostalgia.
    This week I was lucky enough to see Whitesnake in Sheffield and at 64 years of age David Coverdale still rocked the Arena. They were backed by Thunder who were also pretty good and unfortunately someone added Journey(yes!!! Don't stop believing) they should have stopped they were awful we walked out!!! Enough said if you have tickets to see this show then you'll be lucky as thunder and Whitesnake perform first.

Ichiban likes this.
  20. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I had the album 'Come an' get it'. Great stuff. Must have been around 10 - 12 years old when I received it as a present.
    Good memories.