Removed 6th Generation Accord: Wind Deflectors - Group Buy (4 Piece)

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by MickyB, Monday 25th Aug, 2014.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guys
    As some of you may have seen in my other thread I have been corresponding with a supplier of Team Heko wind deflector for most makes of cars.
    The main problem seemed to be that they didn't have a full 4 piece set for the 6th Generation Accord.
    I have recently had a message from them to contact the company manager directly with regards to them supplying a full 4 piece set.
    He was wanting to know how many sets I would like.
    I have told him I would post this thread for members to see and leave details of anyone who is interested in purchasing a set for their 6thGen Accord.
    I will monitor this thread for a week or so to give people a chance to decide.
    At this moment in time I don't know what the price would be mine for my 7th Generation cost me £30.60. That included free postage.
    I don't know how it will work out I may have to buy direct from him and then pass onto members. Until I get figures I won't know.
    So if anyone is interested then get your names down and watch this space for future reference.
    Mick

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  2. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats interesting, I've been looking at a set of them, but could only find fronts. If they are around 30 quid I'd have some.

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I would be interested if they are £30 too.

4. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yup I sure am buddy, I expressed my interest in the previous thread.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Bump for other 6th Generation owners. @AndyB1976, any love?

7. toyracer69 Junior Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    For £30 posted I would be interested and they do list a set that fits for all 4 windows.... :Wink:

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can we move this out to the for sale section then it might pick up a little more interest. I'll contact the seller at the weekend to see where things stand regarding price etc. as I've just noticed that for the HR-V there is now a postage cost of £5.99. So not sure what has happened with him.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Done mate :Smile:

10. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Sorry for my ignorance but what exactly are these wind deflectors:What:Were they originally standard or are they accessories?

Ta

Phil

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks just going to check out their stocks to see what Hondas they make them for. I'm going to order a set for my HR-V.
    - - - Updated - - -
    This is what they look like on my 7th Generation. They are an accessory OEM Honda/Mugen come in at around £140 these are a cheaper alternative and I personally think they are better.
    Optional Extras - Wind Deflectors • Honda Karma

12. david seale Premium Member Club Supporter

kent
    Have I missed the boat on these if not would be interested in a set

13. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't think the seller replied to @MickyB ?

14. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The Climair ones are meant to be better quality, so I'm going to spend a bit more and get them for my car.

15. david seale Premium Member Club Supporter

kent
    Just googled the climair ones saying £85 on e bay for full set think I might have to see if these ones come off

16. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've contacted the seller again this evening and am waiting for a response.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  18. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I spoke to both Tegiwa and ABP about the Heko ones a few weeks back, and they both said they were crap and weren't worth bothering with.

Neither of them sell them anymore as they had too much hassle with returns. Mostly down to the way they are fitted and indeed, fall off after a short time.

I just need to find a way of hiding an £85 debit on the bank statement during the months leading towards Christmas, then I'm going to order some.

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've owned Heko visors for several cars, always perfect fitment, never come loose, seem high enough quality.

20. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have had a response from Jan the owner of the company who supplies them and he is away from work this week but will contact me next week with an offer.
    He asked me if I wanted to order in bulk or were they going to separate location maybe the postage will be a stumbling block but hopefully I'll try and get the price incl postage as low as I can. One idea I had was that anyone who wanted them made the payment to me via PayPal, I order them bulk and then he posts directly to you. I'll see what we can agree on next week.
    Pottermus just to let you know I have only heard of one problem with these and a friend of mine bought some for a Renault when they were fitting them they noticed a tiny scratch(very small) on one of them so they contacted the UK supplier regarding returning them etc. the UK supplier told them just to keep them and they would just refund them their payment which they did. So my friend promptly polished the scratch out and had a perfectly good set of deflectors and got their money back no questions asked. So that's good customer service in my eyes you can't go wrong. As for them dropping out mine haven't moved if they do then ill just replace the double sided tape as others have done and refit them.