Guides 6th Generation Accord workshop manual

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by SayamaAccord, Wednesday 9th Nov, 2011.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

People sometimes ask how you can get hold of one.

Haynes do a manual for the 1998 and 1999 Accord, but it relates to the US model, which is different in a number of respects.

The forum owner has his own personal copy of the official Honda workshop manual.

Instructions for routine servicing jobs such as oil and filter change, air filter replacement, spark plug replacement and coolant change, are set out towards the back of the owner’s handbook which comes with every car, including torque settings for fasteners.

Details of how to carry out certain jobs are also set out in how-to sections on this forum.

If you need more information about doing a particular job and cannot find out how, ask by posting a new thread on the subject you are interested in. We may be able to help you, but if you don’t ask, you won’t know if we can or not!

2. Stew Pot Member

Is there any way to buy a UK workshop manual for a (petrol) 1850cc SE Accord (year 2000)?
    Apparently Haynes don't list one for the UK car.
    I just bought one online which arrived today, but it is useless since it is for the usa cars.
    I can't get any info anywhere on my model.
    Thanks

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Stew all Honda Dealers can get a printed workshop manual for you for a fixed price.if you pay for it all Honda car manuals can be available.

The question how are you willing to pay for a workshop manual ,speak to your local dealer or our resident sponsor Holdcroft Honda for a price.

4. Stew Pot Member

Dead on.

I will try them.

I phoned a Honda dealer today and they didn't seem to know anything at all.

Thanks a lot.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Getting these manuals does take some effort on the dealers parts it not just a case of placing an order for a part number... it means hard work and some graft.

You may get some resistance from some dealers who suggest everything now is online and there are some if you are a regular customer they will do it .

Its how you approach it really.

6. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have an electronic service manual for the 98 - 02 UKDM accord :Wink: this can be gotten from the ( site removed ) forum but you have to be a paid member to access it for yourself! or just PM me if you have any questions.

IC removed site name source of copyright material

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 15th Apr, 2013
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    is that a genuine Honda workshop manual? I would like to remind everyone Honda service manual is copyrighted please don't engage in such activities on here.

If another site offers it then that's fine. please no trading via PM.

8. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just to make it clear that I am not trading! If you need any help then please PM me and I will be more than happy to help and advise.....

As for being 100% genuine I don't know but it helps me out a lot.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Helping is fine provided its out in the open but sharing the download link via any mean on this community is not. This community if free not protected nor hidden as it fosters harbouring of information .I want to treat everyone as adults here but if I need to get into the database to look at Personal message activity then I will do it.

anyone found sharing such information will be banned on the spot with no explanation.

10. Stew Pot Member

I would gladly swap my usa version, legitimate, paid for, brand new, sitting gathering dust, for any UK version, hardcopy or legitimate pdf.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A call to your local honda dealer they can source you a hardcopy.

12. aveton gifford Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Aveton cornwall
    I know you can't get a Haynes manual for our cars, but are there any available for the UK models?

I have found this, but has anybody else ordered one? it says it's for UK cars, but it would be nice to know for certain before spending any money!

link removed-CJ

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi @aveton gifford I have to remove that link as it will be counterfeit and copied software or material so sorry I have to remove that link.