Guides 6th Generation pollen filter change how?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by postierich, Tuesday 31st Jul, 2012.

1. postierich New Member Getting Started

hi where is the pollen filter located any one here how can advise always had Civic rover 45 type ones best wishes

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to AOC what is the chassis code for your 6th Generation?

3. postierich New Member Getting Started

hi thanks for getting back to me its shhch6xxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 1st Aug, 2012
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Here you go to remove the pollen filter from a CH6 in the 6th Generation world the pollen filter was called the A/C filter :Smile:

One small favour you are requested to please follow this thread by your actually DIY with your pictures to supplement it :Wink:

• Remove the glove box

Remove passenger's dashboard lower cover. by removing the screws look at the image

CH6 Glove box removal.JPG

Remove the bolts, screws, detach the clips and remove the glove box light bulb socket (D), then remove the glove box (E).

Install in the reverse order of removal, and make sure the glove box light connector is plugged in properly and glove box light bulb socket is connected properly.

Top tip When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape, and apply protective tape around the related parts, to prevent damage.

• Remove the wire harness clips, the bolts and the glove box frame (A).
    AOCUK CH6 Pollen filter Glove Box remove.JPG

• Disconnect the wire harness connectors.
    AOCUK CH6 Pollen filter wire harness removal.JPG

• Remove the filter lid (A) from the evaporator, then pull out the A/C filter (B). Replace the A/C filter every (18,000 miles) or 12 months
    AOCUK CH6 Pollen filter old removal.JPG

• Install in the reverse order of removal. Make sure that there is no air leakage.

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Haynes recommends disconnecting the battery as well to avoid accidentally deploying the airbag.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Haynes manual What do they know .. They make it along as they go . Disconnecting the three cables disarms the SRS.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Where you able to change the pollen filter or ?

8. Ant New Member Getting Started

Hi,

I'm really up for this so I've got my new filter in one hand and a screwdriver in the other. But I can only see three diagrams. How do I get the glove box out? Which screws do I have to remove and which do I leave? And the first diagram seems to show that the lower panel has already been removed below the glove box as well. What screws do you remove and what are the tricks in removing it, I mean do you pull or push the panel to slide it of blind lugs or whatever? I've just done my other half's CR-V and I was stunned by the improvement in air flow so I'd really like to crack on with this (without cracking anything!)
    many thanks if anyone can help!
    Ant

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ant well spotted :Thumbup: the first step was left for a reason just to see how long will it take for a person to guess it. I love sharing information but if people don't give feedback to us why give information on platter. there are loads of thread with such vital information missing... all for a reason.

Hopefully you can do the DIY for us with actual pictures. I have update the original thread with the missing information.

BTW welcome to the club and please do post picture of all your Honda's and take a moment to introduce yourself.

10. Ant New Member Getting Started

Hello IchibanAccord,

and many thanks for the welcome and for supplying missing advice. I am a hopeless photographer but I will try to do this over the weekend and do some photo's for the site. I've only had the car for two days and am busily sniffing about trying to tackle as much as I can while problems are fresh. I bought it because my Citroen BX failed its MOT and, although it is an entertaining car with an interesting ride it was not an easy longer distance cruiser.

I may just be a bit tired but am I right in thinking that there is still a fifth diagram missing which shows the first step of removing the lower panel?

I presume that this diagram would show the prising points where you could use the 'top tip' (the screwdriver wrapped in tape). If there was any chance of popping this at the top of your procedure then the advice would be complete and everyone reading the thread would be very thankful for your advice every 12 months!

regards
    Ant

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would be nice if you can do a DIY if you remove all the screws as per picture on you will see the glove box in the down position.

Try it you will soon find it logical.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ant any updates were you able to do it?