Track Project 6th Generation

6th Generation (1997-2002) vehicle added by Jamierko7, Saturday 5th Mar, 2016

1. Jamierko7 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Jamie Halifax
    Jamierko7 added a new Honda to the garage:

6th Generation

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. Jamierko7 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jamierko7
    So I've put the Accord on a diet, because of my shift patterns at work I've only been able to have an hour after work before it goes dark to do anything with it, but I've removed the rear seats, door cards, seatbelts, boot liner and all plastics/carpets in the rear, speakers and other little gubbins. The plan is to eventually have her fully stripped (including dashboard) with 1 lightweight racing seat, fibreglass gauge surround, even as far as an aluminium pedal box but ill get more into that at a later date). I've got a friend who works with fibreglass so he is going to get me a mould for the bonnet, bootlid and front wings (possibly the doors as well) and I'm going to replace the door windows and rear screen with Perspex/plexiglass. I'm trying to source Type-R wishbones, hubs and brakes but it's proving difficult.

I'm going to leave the engine alone for now, eventually it will be swapped but until I know what route I'm going down im running it as it is.

If anyone needs anything at all from the interior let me know, i won't ask for anything for it you'll just have to organise delivery/collection.​

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I do want to see this project Jamie.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Me too !

5. Jamierko7 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So the Accord is partially stripped now, all interior trim has been removed (besides the drivers seat), plexiglass sunroof was fitted today, and it's been measured up for the cage. No major progress yet, but I've got a pretty big shopping list.

I'm enquiringly about a crashed ATR towards the end of this week, I don't know the extent of the damage as I've just been told about it but the owner isn't breaking they want the full car gone, so I'll see what can be salvaged.

If anyone needs any parts/trims let me know, the Mrs is going wild at me taking over the spare room haha.

6. Jamierko7 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So today the plexiglass Windows have been installed, saving a total of 19.4kg over the glass from all 4 doors, plus the regulators and all fixtures (with more to come from the rear screen). I decided to stick with the original doors and not use fibreglass mainly due to cost, I'm going to remove the inner door skins and crash bars for extra weight savings once the roll cage is ready to be installed.
    I also started chipping away at the sound deadening but it is such a tedious job, so I'm going to wait till the next hot day and brave it with a chisel and some white spirits for the bonding underneath it.

Now for the dashboard. I've got a rough mould made up but I'm not happy with the finish so I'm going to redo it later in the week, a template for the gauge cluster has been made up, and that's going to sit where the centre vents are.

The Type-R I went and looked at was toast, I don't know what happened to it but every panel was caved in, it honestly looked like it had been through a crusher. So the hunt for parts goes on.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    :Need Pics: