Service & Maintenance 75K service price.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Smokingman, Monday 19th Oct, 2015.

1. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi everyone.
    My 8th Generation Accord wagon which I purchased about six weeks ago (not Honda approved) with full Honda service record, is coming up to the 75K mile service in about 2-3 months. Honda Lincoln quotes about £515 for this service, while I don’t mind the price for my piece of mind and to keep the service record up to date. I was thinking could this service be obtained cheaper at another Honda dealer, or is this a set price Honda service?
    Regards
    John

2. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    What's involved in the 75K mile service for an 8th Generation John? Seems expensive but I suppose it depends on what fluids and filters get changed.

I recently got a main dealer service discounted from £175 to £129 because they had a promotion on. I thought Honda fixed price servicing was either £175 or £275 - with the more expensive service including brake fluid and air filter change I think.

Mileage wise my car is at 96K. Shop around.

3. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Dave
    Apparently it’s all fluids (engine, gearbox, Brakes, is clutch hydraulic?), all filters, ECU update and 2 hours labour, that was just a brief overview on the printout i'm sure there must be more.

John

4. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    John, search - Honda fixed price servicing - this gives all that is included and a lot cheaper than you were quoted!

5. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Agreed. I get £415.

£275 for 12+ service which includes brake fluid, pollen filter and air filter plus gearbox oil at £75 and coolant change at £65.

So we're £100 out unless the £515 includes clutch fluid or they are charging for ECU update?

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  7. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

An update on this thread, the car is apparently on variable servicing as advised by Honda Harrogate, service code A238 is displayed on the display, Honda Lincoln quote £230 Inc parts and labour.
    Regards

John S

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ring round mater all dealer have their own pricing and profit margin you will be surprised how much the differential is. Look further afield.

9. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know fella, Honda Harrogate where its been serviced most of its life want £100 more so happy with £230.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Harrogate is posh end of the world so they can command what people are prepared to pay!