Suspension, Steering and Brakes 7th Generation Accord Aspec Suspension Parts

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Sunday 20th Nov, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The definitive suspension upgrades for owners looking to stick with Honda genuine tried and trusted set up. The Aspec kit give an approximately 1 inch drop round. If you are planning to get this kit make sure all the bushes and drop links are fit for purpose. Please note of Honda caveats regarding wheel sizes , there are owners using large alloys and tyres for years without any issues.

Saloon
    08W60-SEA-600B Sports suspension (MT petrol) For wheels up to 18" - spring & damper kit - suitable for manual transmission only
    08W60-SEA-600C Sports suspension (AT petrol) For wheels up to 18" - spring & damper kit - suitable for automatic transmission only
    Sports suspension for diesel Includes springs and dampers - applicable up to 17" wheels (up to 18" possible in case of 06ym accord 4dr

Tourer
    08W60-SED-601 ]Sports suspension (AT petrol) ]For cars with up to 17" wheels. Suitable for automatic transmission only
    08W60-SED-601A Sports suspension (MT petrol For cars with up to 17" wheels. Suitable for manual transmission only
    08W60-SEG-600 Sports suspension for diesel Including springs and dampers - applicable only up to 17" wheels

A Tourer kit looks like this unboxed.
    S6300860.

Fitted
    P1010029. P1010028.

2. Chan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How much is this set? Would I be better off asking Holdcroft Honda?

Chan

3. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    You'd be better off phoning Holdcroft Honda direct.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is now (EOL End Of Life) you may find them expensive,call up and speak to HH and see what the prices are.

All honda accessories go up in price when the car production has stopped.

5. Kris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Could someone give me some advice please. I have brought a second hand a spec kit. It came of a 2.4 tourer and i have a 2.0 tourer. I was surprised to see that one of the shocks has a bracket at the top mounting end and the other hasn't. Also the coding on the stickers ends in different characters, one is G1 and the other is F1. This is shown in the attached photos. Is this normal for the kit? Thanks

Attached Files:

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Looks like one is for a Exec Tourer (with HID, so has level sensors on suspension) and the other is from a non Exec spec Tourer.

7. Kris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks. Will it fit the 2.0 without HIDs.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Google the part numbers and see if you can get confirmation that way

9. Jasper254 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Norwich
    @Ichiban you mention that the saloon is only for up to 18" wheels. Why is this? I have the 19" Honda Rage alloys from a Type-R GT Civic, so are springs or coilovers my only choice?

10. Kris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Could someone please advise me on the following: I have purchased what is claimed to be a-spec suspension kit for a petrol tourer via the parts and sale section. As explained by Ichiban the tourer kit should read 08W60-SED-601A however the kit I have reads 08W60-SED-6M00. I have contacted Holdcoft and lings Honda but neither seem to be able to confirm that this is an a-spec kit. I am at a loss as how to find out and fear that it maybe just the standard set-up not a-spec. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda's recommendations 19 will make the car so stiff it will be like a fork truck.. try it you will see.
    - - - Updated - - -
    That looks like as stock strut rather than a-spec sent a picture I can tell by looking at the springs look above with the picture out of the box you can compare with yours.

12. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    If you look at this listing Honda Accord Tourer 7th Generation Lowered Front And Rear Suspension 2003-07 | eBay (now ended) of someone selling a 'Lowered Suspension' from their Accord they have listed the part number of the kit you have in your hand. Apparently theirs came factory fitted to their 2.4 Accord Tourer..

13. Kris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have attached a photo along with yours to compare and they look the same. I google searched the part number and also found the ebay listing and what I also discovered was that the photos used to advertise the kit on this site were exactly the same as those on the ebay site???. Which suggests to me that they must have been purchased and then sold on with a dishonest claim as to there origination. My real concern though is trying to establish if this is actually an a-spec kit and It is posing difficult to confirm this. Thanks for your help again

14. Jasper254 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Norwich
    I'll take your word for it :Wink:

15. Kris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Ichiban, I have attache a better picture taken at the same angle as the front shock and spring in your photo. I think it is stock suspension because the spring compression looks to be different. The selling is claiming that because Showa is marked on the springs this proves that it is a-spec, however i do not think that this is conclusive proof as Showa is also used by Honda for stock suspension. Could you provide you opinion please. Thanks

Attached Files:

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Showa is a Honda company they make both stock and lowered suspension Kits aka Aspec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I take it you didn't like that response and you will still carry on what does the man with the keyboard know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk