Aftermarket Kit 7th Generation Accord Big Brakes

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by naslam968, Friday 18th Apr, 2014.

1. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Unheard of brake supplier what are their credentials? Anyone can make parts today to fit a car but unheard of brand will struggle to sell their products to people in the know.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've never heard of them before, and I'm quite brushed up on the aftermarket vendors for the CL7/CL9.

The big brake kits I'm familiar with are things like Brembo, Wilwood, Fastbrakes, Endless, J's Racing, Stoptech - that kit is a phenomenal price compared to them all considering the specs. I'd be interested to see how they reform, splashing out a grand on an unknown vendor is a bit of a punt though.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A dual piston set up from the 8th Generation 2.4 or TypeS with the bigger discs will be sufficent for the 7th Generation. Greg aka @Brodziu has them on his 7th Generation beast, mate can you tell us where you got your kits from I am sure people will soon leave the ATR set up behind as those caliper carriers have issues of side play and they are knocking on a bit now.

5. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    tbh if you've got access to some workshop and if you can be without the car for few days then you can fit whatever you want ;-) as some bigger calipers will require adapters, but if you would buy some dedicated kit from wilwood or other brand it's usually P&P, but in this case your wallet will be lighter for about £1k :Wink: so the only cheap and good solution with P&P is to get ATS calipers, but in this case you need to also change discs as they're bigger 320mm where with ATR kit you can use your existing discs 300mm ( 2.2 and 2.4 engines only as 2.0 has 280mm)
    I got mine calipers from breakers in Poland, they come off TypeS 2010 ;-)

6. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Brodziu: The Calipers you bought from Poland, did you have to change the Discs as well or just the Calipers?

7. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    @naslam968 yes, you need to change discs as well because TypeS has discs 320mm, but standard discs size in 2.2 and 2.4 has 300mm, so obviously ATS calipers won't work with standrad discs.

8. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Another generic chinese produced shite brake kit.

As great as they look, you will find all the good reports of them come from people who buy them for aesthetics.

At £1000 all in I can only imagine the quality went out the window as soon as budget was discussed. Traders/retailers will want 30% mark up, the manufacturer will want 30% minimum but most need 50% and anyone inbetween taking their cut too. Not long realising they are £250 brake kit and perform exactly as a £250 brake kit would.

Ichiban likes this.