Listing Ended 7th Generation Accord i-CDTi for sale...

Discussion in 'eBay Links' started by rayhoop, Monday 20th Jan, 2014.

1. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Yup.

After starting off the 'pampering' I've decided to cut it short and let her go. Looking to move onto something a bit smaller & a bit more fun for my commute, as the VW Sharan is doing a fine job of being the economical family bus.

Auction ends on Sunday 26th at 2300hrs. The reserve has already been met (put it at £500, which it hit in around 90 seconds lol).

Honda Accord iCTDI Full History! Low low reserve. | eBay

I've kept on top of the mechanical maintenance like a hawk. The only thing I've not done is pamper the body work as much... Must be the 1st car I've never actually had time to polish/wax.

A refurb of the wheels and a good polish would see 90% of the defects removed, just leaving the front bumper and stone chips etc to repair.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: My 7 Gen Accord iCDI for sale...

My only fear for your pride and joy is sold on the cheap and your car then is stripped for parts and they can make twice the amount they paid for it.

The best thing is the engine is in working order that itself opens it up for all serviceable parts.. I can't see I the car being used :Blink: its an good example begging to be stripped and sold off. Ask Chris at Phoenix close Honda he strips them all day long and anyone following on ebay you can do the maths and see there is A lot of money to be made when its stripped.

hondavtecr likes this.
  3. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Re: My 7 Gen Accord iCDI for sale...

Yup - I've been offered cash to end the auction by several people. All who start their message trying to convince me they are not traders... hmm, suspicious!

I'm not too fussed what the buyer does with the car. If i had the luxury of time I'd strip it and sell it off in bits myself. But being self employed and a father of 3 month old twins, I don't have the time! :Smile:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I know the feeling bud, time is too valuable these days. has she gone ?

5. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Hey buddy

The original ebay auction saw it sell, but the buyer pulled out - as during the auction I made an update re: a noise from the alternator, which appeared and dissapeared (but best to ne honest). The bidder placed the bid and read the update later. I felt it was only fair to let him pull out. I offered a second chance offer to a few bidders but no one got back to me. I had a handful of calls from some chancers offering me low amounts of cash.

I relisted it on ebay, this time with no need for any updates so no excuses. It sold to a bidder from Hungary - The power of Ebay huh! Deposit was paid last week and the car being collected today & remainder of the payment in cash. 2 guys are arriving at my house with a low-loader to transport the car (and probably another car or two) to Hungary. They are traders so I'm guessing they will be breaking it for parts.

I was initially dubious about letting an international bidder take part in the auction, but he sounded genuine and his ebay profile was well established. Contact has been good etc, so I've got a good level of confidence in the transaction completing without any problems.

Two weeks ago I also picked up my 5th Generation Golf GTI Edition 30. Lovely car to drive. Not as comfy as the accord, but lots of poke and a very direct driving experience. So far so good.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I went ahead and marked the listing as ended for the topic :Thumbup:

Watch that you say about VAG cars around CJ, you'll end up with a lecture. Glad to hear you're happy with your new purchase bud :Smile:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is why I didn't respond mate, I really don't care anymore what people get.:Wink:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    I was sad to see the Accord go. It was a fantastic car.

2 Hungarian guys turned up in a big 7.5 ton truck (far from a low loader!) that was stacked with lots of car parts in the back. It took them 2 hours to make enough space and drive the Accord up some steep ramps to get it into the back... but they managed and I'm guessing it is somewhere in Budapest now...

I wouldn't rule out getting another Accord in the future. I was tempted by the Civic Type-R, but the nature of the suspension and power delivery/revvy nature put me off it as a daily drive (40miles each way).

The Golf is doing well. It passed the MOT - fingers crossed I don't get hit with too many German reliability issues!

9. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd love to know how much money they would be able to make by selling the car part by part after taking transport and labour costs into consideration, surely it can't be that much to warrant coming to the UK?

10. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    average 7.5 ton truck does approx 10 MPG (more when empty).
    Using the RAC site. Budapest to lets say Newcastle (as they didnt come direct to my house in Amersham) = 1342 miles.
    @ 10mpg and £1.35 per litre = £825 each way.
    So that is £1650 in fuel

The two guys looked mega scruffy - not sure what salary Hungarian truckers would be on. Lets say £100 per day each. 4 days round trip * 2 guys = £800

Running cost of the truck (looked fairly new) = unsure...

Ferry crossing approx £220

The trip cost at least £2670
    Call it a round £3000 for the trip.

They bought my car for £1258. They could sell it on as a working car, or break it and store/sell all parts. Not sure the value of parts in Hungaray.
    They also had LOTS of other car parts loaded into the truck. LOTS.

If they were smart, they would have also been transporting freight from across Europe to drop off on the way or in the UK.

Anyway - I can't believe I just tried to figure out the cost. Not that I care! They paid me for my car, I'm a happy bunny.
    I think they could easily make money on the trip. £3k is not much considering a big truck full of car parts. And I'm confident they would not have driven an empty lorry here. They would have earned in both directions.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Maybe they eluded they are diving back to Hungary,they just may have taken back to dock shoved the car into a container destined to be shipped across the seas.that would makes sense.

12. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

£100 a day most uk HGV Class 1 drivers don't get that. Working out of the docks all the time I see loads and loads of accident damaged cars etc loaded in all sorts of trucks and trailers they sail Immingham to Rotterdam with them. Just earlier this week there was a knackered old artic with a really old Royal Mail trailer and 4 small cars in the back of the trailer all off for export!

It must pay them, the other month there was about 6 either Romanian or Lithuanian (can't remember which) car transporters all fully loaded with accident damaged/old/scrap cars waiting to get the boat.