Electrical & Lights 7th Generation Accord Ignition Switch

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Accord_N22, Thursday 11th Feb, 2016.

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi All

Just recently i started to hear a very slight squeal/buzzing type sound upon starting up the accord.
    It does seem that Honda's have issues with quite a few ignition switches from several models in the past.
    My 5th Generation Prelude ignition switch was a recall and my dads 99 Civic coupe had ignition switch issues too.

The buzzing/squeal is very slight and the car starts fine and only occurs randomly maybe once or twice a month - kinda depends how slow i turn the ignition switch form pre ignition to full on start.

Was there any type of recall or known issue with the 7th Generation ignition switch?
    Item 9 below

Cheers all

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I can't remember seeing a recall for the 7th Generation ignition barrel, in fact I can't even recall having seen any 7th Generation ignition issues at all.
    Your's may just be a freak one off issue.
  3. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Could it be a relay buzzing ? Only say that because I've recently suffered with switch trouble, car would turn itself off whilst driving ! The new switch looked very low tech on my model ie a bit of plastic with a few wires which look like they don't carry much load.
    So on mine there's nothing to buzz, yours of course may be different.