Found 7th Generation Accord Mud Flaps

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Nighthawk, Wednesday 3rd Sep, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Hello all,

Looking for a full set of genuine mud flaps for a 7th Generation accord. Anyone know of where to get some? I've checked ebay, but only find the rears so far, and its too much for me to buy directly from the dealers but I do want them to be OEM and not some aftermarket rip off.

2. Nighthawk Guest

sorry, meant to put that as wanted

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Moved

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Accords don't have mud flaps at the front?

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 3rd Sep, 2014
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'm confused. They are listed as an option for all FL 7th Generation, except Type-S.

6. Nighthawk Guest

Typical, mine has never had them on, I don't have front or rear ones, although, I have just now ordered those rear ones from ebay, so just need the front ones now. Il edit my original post to reflect this

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Didnt know that ... you learn something new every day :Laughing:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Type-S has side skirts and rear bumper lip so the genuine flaps won't sit properly.

TBH mud-flaps are a waste of time and with time they damage the paint with constant rubbing and it hardly protect the paint from mud. My advise you don't want mud on your car stick to non muddy roads.:Wink: and they look ghastly too:spiteful:

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Someone could have at least given the part numbers :Innocent:

08P09-SEA-600A
    , list price £54.79.

All the accessory guides for the 7th Generation Accord can be found here, complete with part numbers :Thumbup:

10. Nighthawk Guest

Thanks guys for your help, didnt mean to start a disagreement, I guess thats the beauty of taste, one mans sugar is another ones salt.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I and CJ banter at the best of times, I wouldn't worry about it :Smile: I cleaned up the thread anyway.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Naah mate just pulling his little chain lol nothing to worry about

13. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

LOL. interesting thread.
    I went for a set of mudflaps as I really do think they work. I had a Civic coupe with them on and drive up and down the motorway for 5 years on a daily commute. My mate also had the same car with no mudflaps and in only a year the side skirts on his coupe was littered in stone chips .

I think they do work but also they do need to be cared for - i.e remove them and clean behind and polish the surfaces of the paint work it covers and then re-install them. I suppose that's abit much for some people. The Blue Arosa I owned had them and the side sills were really clean and stone chip free

I managed to find a second hand set of the fronts on ebay my sheer luck, I was intending to buy the fronts from Honda though - The rears I got from ebay here

14. Nels Moderator Staff Team

There are some justifiable arguments against mudflaps.
    They can erode some paintwork at the contact points on the car, detract from the smooth lines of the Accord and decrease MPG.

However, I detest the muddy splashes and paintchips that can happen without them. So my choice is to have them.
    They are like Marmite. some love them, others hate them.

My recommendation, is that if you do fit them, use Honda ones. The fit is perfect and the you don't need to worry about the quality.

15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That must be the first time ever that I knew something you didn't. :Happy:

However, you're still winning by miles. :blush:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.