Electrical & Lights 7th Generation Accord - VSA light with No codes

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Deshan, Wednesday 6th Aug, 2014.

1. Deshan New Member Getting Started

Desh
    Hii,,

Hope I am posting in the correct section.

I have a 07 Reg Honda Accord, bought 2 months ago. love the car. About a week ago drove over a road hump (approx 5 - 10 mph) and the VSA light and the warning triangle /!\ came on, stopped the engine and restarted and still didnt go off. I have read in several places that the Brake light switch might be the cause. So tried changing it but still no luck..

Note - I do not feel anything different while driving, no noises while braking, accelaration is as usual.

I have a basic ODB scanner, plugged it in, no codes shown, I tried plugging a slightly advanced scanner still no codes.

Would anyone know the likely cause.

Thank you for the help.

2. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Is your Accord a diesel or petrol ?

Also what is a "slightly advanced OBD reader" ? To access the ABS sub systems you either need HDS or SnapOn Solus/Modus reader.

4. Deshan New Member Getting Started

Desh
    HI.

It is a diesel,

The slightly advanced scanner - not sure probably not a HDS or Solus/Modus as no codes showed up.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    As Speedy says you need a scanner capable of reading the bespoke Honda subsystems, generic ODBII reader unfortunately won't be able to pick it up.

Where do you live? I, @SpeedyGee and @Ichiban all have HDS, can't speak for the others but you're more than welcome to head to Northants (where I am at the moment) to have the codes read - depends whether petrol to one of us would work out cheaper than the diagnostic cost from a dealer :Smile:

Deshan likes this.
  6. Deshan New Member Getting Started

Desh
    Hi DeviateDefiant

Thanks for the info and the offer, I live in south london, I will first try to find alocal garage with a HDS, which might be cheaper than the dealer. Thanks again:Smile:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Only Honda dealers will have HDS itself, but as mentioned Snap-On Diagnostics can also read it which a lot of the better local garages have.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @Deshan were able to get to the bottom of this issue?