Removed 7th Generation Civic Left Rear Seatbelt buckles

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by RogerH69, Monday 1st Jun, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I'm looking for the pair of seat-belt buckles that fit under the rear seat (left side) on the 7th Generation Civic (face-lift model if it makes a difference, though I don;t think it does).

One of mine is not working and the pair of buckles cost £100 new, so I was hoping someone that's breaking a similar model, or has some lying around (you never know) would have a set I could get.

This shows the buckles I am referring to

The buckles come in a pair on this side of the car, as shown below.
    IMG_20150601_202052.

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I don't have any (well I do, but you can't have them as I need them .... :Laughing:) but I would try a scrappy. Chances are they werent in use when the car was crashed, so they should still be fine.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just had a quick google - seems like an issue which is common across many models - basically, it needs good cleaning out with contact spray. Its worth a shot mate, won't cost you anything really. Is it just not clicking the belt into place?

3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I had a quick search, and there aren't many that have both the buckles in place.

Yeah, one of them isn't clicking at all

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Give it a shot cleaning it out bud - other than that, hopefully, someone else will be able to get you one

RogerH69 likes this.
  5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I'll give this a try tomorrow with some WD40 contact cleaner
    - - - Updated - - -
    I was actually just thinking that the rear seats and seat belts and buckles look like they've hardly been used, so it makes sense one may just be a little stuck

Nighthawk likes this.
  6. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I gave my buckles a good clean and it still doesn't work. Off to the scrappies I guess.

7. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Please can someone close this, and mark it as 'Roger is an Idiot'...

Turns out there is nothing wrong with my belt buckles.... If I opened my eyes and looked at them, I would've seen one says Center and one doesn't (as shown in the picture I originally posted). The center and side buckles and are not interchangeable, and I was using the wrong belt with the wrong buckle....

They work prefectly fine after all. LOL

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You're not the first and won't be the last to get caught out by that.:Whistle:

RogerH69 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.