Guides 7th Generation I-CTDi Drive Belt - Alternator Belt - Poly Belt Change

Accord 03-08 i-CDTI, N22A

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Attached Files:

Primarycare and max121 like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent stuff Paul. As you have already rightly said there is no need for a special tool for this , just need a deep socket ring spanner.in a ideal world you do need two people replacing this belt due to it new size getting it around the crank whilst holding the adjuster.

But I have to say in typical Honda style the replacement part is suitably priced and with simple instructions. Anyone who has ever bought and fitted Honda genuine accessories would know how superb the installation guides are. I have never seen any other manufacturers guides as or close to the ones Honda provides.

Honda make the worlds best guides. Period.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 8th Mar, 2014
    slither likes this.
  4. Rogg New Member Getting Started

Hello
    I have seen two part Nos quoted for the drive belt change
    04301-RBD-305
    and
    38920RBDE02, which is a 7PK2265
    are they both correct or the latter the longer old route belt ?
    Thanks

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Hi Rogg Welcome to AOC , please take time to introduce yourself and give a bit more description about yourself and the your car.

As for selecting the right belt for your car does your car currently have idle pulley that depending its is an Accord?

Thanks

6. Rogg New Member Getting Started

Hi
    Tourer 2.2 diesel 92k miles noisy intermitent front end alternator area thought was AC cutting in and out but now believe alternator clutch.
    De-tensioned checked idlers etc non tension pulley failing so mod to re route belt good first move.
    Does anyone know short belt length of modified layout only figure I have seen is 2265 ?
    Clutch felt OK but have seen charge indicator light couple of times so suspect clutch failing bearings feel OK.
    The idler pulley could effect tension and belt slip perhaps so want to change belt and route soonest.
    Regards

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am still not clearer from what you have described, this is really simple if you have the idler pulley remove and replace the current belt with part number 04301-RBD-305.

Forget about all the other part numbers you have mentioned.. those parts have been discontinued and are no longer relevant.

if you have alternator problem that is separate issue and by replacing this belt it will not fix that you will need your alternator looking at. However by removing the long belt and replacing it with 04301-RBD-305 will not cause undue stress to your alternator once its fixed..

8. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    the alternator has no clutch, you are confusing this with the air/con compressor. at your cars mileage and with the longer belt and extra puley i wouldn't be surprised if the noise was the alternator front bearing on the way out. fitting the shorter belt will not cure any noise or solve the problem with the alternator.

9. chrisby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i purchased my 2.2i-ctdi tourer executive 1 week today and have this, it sounds similar to a supercharger(similar droning noise) so have ordered the parts at honda

part no. Shorter Belt 04301-RBD-305 £39.05
    Alternator Bearing 31114-PGK-AOI £14.95

These are Trade Prices, i work at ford and have ordered them but they are on backorder. is the Bearing easy to do?:Messed:

10. fotonas13 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

must do thing for all diesels. I had bad noise when starting cold. Changed to shorter belt no more ugly sound. Best mod for $.

Used Gates belt 7PK1785 ~10 pounds.

Ichiban and SpeedyGee like this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You may have saved your alternator bearings too.:Wink:

12. Druid New Member Getting Started

Alternator Blues

Hi, having read all the threads on the alternator noise on the 2.2 I-CDTI issues, I need to carry out the modifications as listed. Has anybody got a Bearing size for the replacement/repair.(INA, SKF, Fenner, Koyo etc.) And I notice that a Gates belt is listed as a shorter replacement (7PK1785) comes up as a Renault Espace replacement........Honda have quoted the following: Bearings @ £20 (don't know if that is a complete repair kit or per bearing) and the shorter belt @ £50. Any feedback would be appreciated.

13. Karl Ivar Nessan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hei!
    The new belt is 1778 mm long, and the old one 2256:Smile:
    I had to buy one from my local Honda dealer and that was quite ekspensive!
    Inscription on the belt: 7PK1778.

Last edited: Monday 20th May, 2013
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is not a honda part number where did you get that from Lings?

15. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is the new Accord (2009-2013) affected by this issue? I also have some sort of a whining whistling noise coming from the belt area (2.0 petrol)?

16. Karl Ivar Nessan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

honda part nr is: 04301-RBD-305, and the inscription on the belt is 7pk1788, the type and lenght of the belt.

Last edited: Friday 17th May, 2013
    Ichiban likes this.
  17. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Hi Karl,

Based on the code 7pk1788, the 7pk would be the number of ridges on the belt and the 1788 is the length. You originally stated the new belt length is 1778, I take it you meant 1788?

slither likes this.
  18. Karl Ivar Nessan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes of course,my mistake:Smile:
    image.

slither and Doc like this.
  19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for the picture buddy!