Optional Extras 7th Generation Mud Flaps

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by redsectora, Thursday 2nd Apr, 2015.

1. redsectora Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can I have peoples thoughts on GENUINE mud flaps please?

2. redsectora Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry 7th Generation Accord
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I presume you mean genuine versus aftermarket ones.

The genuine ones are top quality, fit perfectly and I've never had any problems with them (apart from that listed below)
    Years ago I fitted after market mud flaps to my cars. They always took a little longer to fit, but were never as good as genuine ones. They usually were attached differently and could come off.

I had mud flaps on my 7th Generation (CN1) for 10 years. http://hondakarma.com/garage/my-3rd-accord-cn1.63/ and my 5th Generation (CC7) for 9 years.
    I wouldn't use anything but genuine ones. If you regularly travel over muddy roads/tracks, then I think they are a necessary evil.

I have not fitted them to my 8th Generation (CU1). Thought I'd try it without this time.

As for having mud flaps or not:
    • Fit perfectly because they are Honda.
    • Stops the dirt and mud and therefore,
    • Quicker to wash the car?
    • They do erode the paintwork where they rub.
    • They must have some detrimental effect on MPG, but cannot quantify.
    • Detract from the clean lines of the car.

Hope that helps.
  4. redsectora Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks appreciate the advice
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It all boils down to personal preference in the end.
  6. redsectora Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I take it any screws they come with screw thru the plastic wheel arch liner not the metal of the wheel arch?

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

As far as I can remember, they are held in with screws that use the existing holes there. I would have gone and looked for you, but I no longer have that car. :Unknown:
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @Ichiban is the resident expert on mud flaps :Tongue:
    Nighthawk and Nels like this.
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Tin hat time.:Fear:
  10. @Ichiban loves cars with mudflaps as @SpeedyGee has indicated.

In answer to your question, yes the (OEM) mudflaps attach using existing holes, no new drilling etc required.

I got some OEM mudflaps for the front of the car, had them on for a month and then decided I didnt like them. They are like golddust now if you wish to pick up a spare set.
    StuH likes this.