General 7th Generation Tourer - what does the car evoke in you?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by GSD2013, Tuesday 9th Jun, 2015.

1. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

Mine is the I-CDTI, is the light silver colour and reminds me of the Shinkansen, and looks like its doing 200mph stationary.

It also tells me that I am driving a car that has been heavily breathed upon, both in the design and engineering stages, shouts out to the world that I am not a member of the sheep herd and drive around in a three pointed star, four-ringer or blue and white circle, but choose to be different because there is another way.

What does the 7th Generation bring or recall as a feeling, memory, or image to your conscious mind?
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Well refined, well designed, uber reliable mean machine LOL.

Oh, yes ! If only they all understood the message though LOL
  3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Im not quite as descriptive.

But for me its fun... with a very practical side.. But mines a 2.4 VTEC screemer!!!

Oh yes and its not German!!! So it tends to work well.
  4. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Aggressive front, average sides and ugly rear end - its like the designers did the front on Monday and the back end on Friday.

A great combination of real world luxury / practicality with plenty of power when fun or over taking is required.

Being Honda reliable and tuneable.
  5. bijomaru Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Rob Swindon
    After not driving my car for three weeks and lots of time spend in Peugeot 208, Renault Laguna, Toyota Yaris and some german junk, I got into my driver's seat for the first time yesterday.

I felt loved by the design :Smile: I love the interior and just feel great being in my car. Can't wait until it's back on the road :Smile:
  6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I like that. And the saloon is even uglier from behind than the tourer, in my opinion.

I've never had a car so excellent at converting to become a load-carrier... whether it's carpets, bales of straw, a goat (in a cage), 3 metre lengths of copper plumbing (all with the tailgate shut), or a 9 foot metal sheep feed trough (hanging out the back a fair bit). And those were all in the last 2 weeks!

That's why I'm fond of it, and that's how it will be remembered...
  7. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    I like this thread! Mine makes me think of an executive jet, with the confident surge, high technology and soft luxury.

I love the Accord tourer because it has a unique style, it stands out, and maybe even as it isn't instantly recognisable. I also like the fact that it says that the owner cares about more than just a car with 4 wheels, its a thinking mans car. Aside that it is also powerful, comfortable, economical, practical classy and tours like nothing else I have ever owned. I have driven cars that are sportier, firmer and more responsive, but for me thats not what a tourer should be about.

I put 1200 miles on mine in 72 hours last week and I got there fresh and happy. That says it all really.