General 7th Generation Tourer - what does the car evoke in you?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by GSD2013, Tuesday 9th Jun, 2015.

1. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

Mine is the I-CDTI, is the light silver colour and reminds me of the Shinkansen, and looks like its doing 200mph stationary.

It also tells me that I am driving a car that has been heavily breathed upon, both in the design and engineering stages, shouts out to the world that I am not a member of the sheep herd and drive around in a three pointed star, four-ringer or blue and white circle, but choose to be different because there is another way.

What does the 7th Generation bring or recall as a feeling, memory, or image to your conscious mind?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Well refined, well designed, uber reliable mean machine LOL.

Oh, yes ! If only they all understood the message though LOL

3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Im not quite as descriptive.

But for me its fun... with a very practical side.. But mines a 2.4 VTEC screemer!!!

Oh yes and its not German!!! So it tends to work well.

4. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Aggressive front, average sides and ugly rear end - its like the designers did the front on Monday and the back end on Friday.

A great combination of real world luxury / practicality with plenty of power when fun or over taking is required.

Being Honda reliable and tuneable.

5. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    After not driving my car for three weeks and lots of time spend in Peugeot 208, Renault Laguna, Toyota Yaris and some german junk, I got into my driver's seat for the first time yesterday.

I felt loved by the design :Smile: I love the interior and just feel great being in my car. Can't wait until it's back on the road :Smile:

6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I like that. And the saloon is even uglier from behind than the tourer, in my opinion.

I've never had a car so excellent at converting to become a load-carrier... whether it's carpets, bales of straw, a goat (in a cage), 3 metre lengths of copper plumbing (all with the tailgate shut), or a 9 foot metal sheep feed trough (hanging out the back a fair bit). And those were all in the last 2 weeks!

That's why I'm fond of it, and that's how it will be remembered...

7. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    I like this thread! Mine makes me think of an executive jet, with the confident surge, high technology and soft luxury.

I love the Accord tourer because it has a unique style, it stands out, and maybe even as it isn't instantly recognisable. I also like the fact that it says that the owner cares about more than just a car with 4 wheels, its a thinking mans car. Aside that it is also powerful, comfortable, economical, practical classy and tours like nothing else I have ever owned. I have driven cars that are sportier, firmer and more responsive, but for me thats not what a tourer should be about.

I put 1200 miles on mine in 72 hours last week and I got there fresh and happy. That says it all really.