Daily Driver 83427's 1998 5g Accord

5th Generation (1994-1997) vehicle added by 83427, Sunday 2nd Mar, 2014

1. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Czech Republic Radek Prague
    iam going to rebuild/swap F20Z1 to F20B. Any experience or tips about F20B engine? Parts of F and H engines are replaceable. so i think its possible to build kustom F20B. For example F20B has the same head like H22A right? thanx for every opinion

mikeg likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This option has been discussed to the enth degree ,basically you will be wasting a lot of time and money for little gain if parts were swappable. You ideally want the entire H22A engine or a ATR if you want speed.

3. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its practically brand new looking engine or extremely well cleaned by a steam cleaner.. not sure that main loom has been butchered when they took the engine out as you can see strands of wires !! :Foolish:

7. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    the f20b DOHC is from the 97 accord sir jp. 200 BHP ,you can get this engine here n the uk ...if interested let me know i can source one for you .borne in minethat this engine come in a semi auto with EPS . theres alot of talk about the swap how ever i think you could use the f20b6 transmission or the h22 with it .

Ichiban likes this.
  8. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

iam one big ear :Grin: Tell me more info about that engine, iam interested. Can you send some photos? My friend found one F20B in UK on ebay: HONDA ACCORD 2.0 VTEC F20B ENGINE | eBay

Isnt it the same engine? Price is good but its only block and head (with all internals). Iam not sure if i don't need more than this. I hope it will fit to my clutch and transmission on my F20Z1.

9. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanx i sent you PM.

Anyway iam definitely decided to buy F20B DOHC 200PS engine and swap it into my A5G. The transmission is just about money and possibilities. LSD transmission is good stuff but my budget is limited to 1300 gbp (including costs for transport and physical swap into the car and make it working). My current transmission on F20Z1 is kinda tired but if it will be necessary i hope i can use it together with F20B.

Sure iam not going to let the rest of the car how it is. Iam planning to improve brakes, lower suspension etc in next two - three years.

Thank you guys for your support and help and sorry for my worse english skillz. Trust me i have bigger problems to understand you :Smile:

10. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    any updates on your project ??

11. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sure :Smile: I finally decided to build F20B inspired engine instead of buy F20B. I have 17" wheels, brake calipers from legend, front and rear strut bars and some koni coilovers. can't wait to have it on the car :Smile: And iam slowly starting with collecting parts for engine. I have H22A5 head, valve cover with new red wrinkle paint and silver mugen oil cap :Grin: And iam going to buy "type-s" camshafts from H22A7 and 4.5kg flywheel. A lot of parts still missing. I hope i complete it in summer 2015 cos iam going to visit transfagarasan :Smile:

I can't write here link to my project on czech honda-club so i uploaded some photos of parts for my acco to my gallery. I had luck i found one CB8 with damaged engine as a donor of parts. So i could take a lot of parts for my acco from it. The rest of parts from the car will be used for project K1 Attack and another CB accord.

Last edited: Monday 10th Feb, 2014
    legend-ary and DeviateDefiant like this.
  12. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

can you move this topic to 5G accord thread? thanx

13. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

time for some news about my build. I bought "type-s" camshafts for my H22A5 head. And... Iam going to swap suspension, brakes and i hope wheels too this month. Wish me the luck. Sure i will share photos here :Wink:

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Watching your build with enthusiasm buddy :Smile:

I'll go ahead and attach this thread to your car's page in the garage so people can track the project better.

15. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanx for attaching thread to my project :Smile:

I got (finally) H22A5 head so here are first photos...

img_2090_447.
    img_2094_178.
    img_2098_730.

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Can't wait to hear more about this, going to be a fantastic build.

17. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks :Smile: I hope i complete it in next year. Iam going to disassemble the head and clean it all. I already tried some cleaning process before taking photos but the oil is cleaning resistant :Grin: I have to buy "carlan" and wire brush drill bit to give it "new" look :Smile:

One more photo...

img_2095_149.

18. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've actually just brought some "0000" grade steel wool and some carbon steel wire brushes to sort out my exhaust tips, got some of those drill bit pieces in my Amazon wishlist for when I try and polish up the new intake manifold I want to buy :Smile:

I hear good things about using general engine degreaser with wire brushes, then using metal polish.

19. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

today progress

img_2151_197.
    img_2160_131.

legend-ary and Ichiban like this.
  20. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's cleaned up nicely. :Thumbup:
    Keep us posted on your progress.