Sold 8th Generation Accord 2.2 i-DTEC Auto EX spec

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Jay2512, Sunday 10th Feb, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    Guys,

Before I terminate my agreement on the Accord and let the finance company take it away I wondered if anyone would make me a sensible offer on it?

Pictures can be found on my profile, however I have attached a below just incase. The car is clean throughout and has a full main dealer service history bang on every 12,500 miles. On the outside the car is straight and scratch free except the usual couple of small stone chips on the bonnet. The car has covered just under 46,000 miles which 80% of those are motorway travel.

The car is taxed until May 2013 and MOT till November 2013. The car is fitted with 18in Honda Alloy wheels and all tires have 6mm+ on them. In addition the car has been re-mapped by Celtic tuning near 2 years ago.

3.JPG
    7.JPG

Last edited: Sunday 10th Feb, 2013
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If I hadn't just bought 2 brand new tyres, I may have offered a trade for my 17" wheels.

4. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    Well the finance company will no doubt auction this car off - sad really. On top of that I have to pay for the privilege of excess miles.......

- - - Updated - - -

11.5K it must find a home - OVNO!!

5. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    Right the paper work has been sent off, that's it..... back to the finance company the car will go.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Jay out of interest you returning the car on voluntary termination of the credit contract ?or is it leased.

7. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    It was on a PCP Finance deal but due to my mileage, age of vehicle and current market value it made no sense to keep it.

Within a credit agreement you have the right to voluntary termination, and provided you have paid half or more and the goods are within reasonable good condition you can return it.

I took out new finance with Merc first and then issued the voluntary termination notice as this will leave a footprint on your credit file, whilst not negative other companies will see you carried out a termination.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You played the cards right bud... VT is something in my eyes a legal loophole to get out of agreement ... But it's good to have if you can't afford it or your circumstances change but the numbers of cars being returned on VT is alarming it makes you wonder when this clause will be amended with a detriment to your credit file.

9. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Is the tailpipe standard? It's a diesel, and the rev counter confirms, but can't remember having seen an Accord diesel with a straight exhaust pipe.

10. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    I-DSI, I decided to cut off the down turn of the diesel pipe and affix a straight chrome tail pipe. Easy job and took 20 mins to fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with you there, I was surprised to find such a clause and in this instance its helped me change out of the car early. Just need to get through the inspection on Monday with BMW finance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.