Engine & Gearbox 8th Generation Accord Clutch Master Cylinder Noise

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Friday 18th Nov, 2011.

?

8th Generation Accord Clutch Master Cylinder Noise

Poll closed Saturday 17th Nov, 2012.
  1. When does the noise occur? Mornings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Where on the pedal stroke does the noise occur? half way

100.0%
  3. Where on the pedal stroke does the noise occur? midway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Describe the noise, is it a click?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Describe the noise, is it a creak?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is a poll to collate data how many 8th Generation accord owners feel their clutch pedal is noisy?

Could owners make their views in this format.

• When does the noise occur, i.e only in the morning, only after long periods of driving ?
    • Where on the pedal stroke does the noise occur, i.e half way on the downstroke or at the bottom of the upstroke ?
    • Describe the noise?

Can you record some noise or even better you tube clips.

Thanks

2. leeschof Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, i have a 59 I-DTEC 30,000 miles and my clutch pedal is noisy from half way down and back up,it clicks and crunches just like my 7th Generation did after 90k.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If so please consult you local Honda dealer and get them to engage Honda for a replacement.

4. leeschof Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Best of luck with the sale.

6. leeschof Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sale all sorted,Honda Finance take back the car if you have reached or exceeded 50% of the payments.

7. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

8th Generation Clutch Pedal Creak

I know its been a problem on the 7th, but has anyone had this on their 8th Generation?

Mine's creaking at the bottom of it's travel. It's a 2012 I-DTEC btw, just turned 10K miles today.

Now I know I'm getting on a bit, but it's definitely not my knee/ankle :nea:

Looks like a trip to the dealer is in order...

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: 8th Generation Clutch Pedal Creak

My advise would be don't attempt to fix it, let the dealer look at it and let them look at the shaft and noise to see if it warrants a complete change.

If not they will lubricate and on the second occurrence they will replace it under warranty.

9. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, that's what I was planning, I'm aware of the fix from other threads :Thumbup:

I don't recall hearing about it on the 8th is all.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Hey Nevyn I did start this poll months back http://hondakarma.com/threads/122/

can you describe the type and conditions of the creak? It may help in getting the attention of the dealer as you would have done your homework.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  11. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2012 I-DTEC Saloon 10k miles

Noise is a creak/squeek during the last inch or so at the bottom of the travel in either direction. Particularly noticable when inching along in traffic

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is the first sign the CMC is showing wear, get it looked at ASAP and keep us posted.

13. stevenk4563 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not sure if I have this problem, but when I press the clutch there is a mechanical/whirring noise, this happens when on cold morning starts and then fades as the car gets warmer.

14. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It had it's first service this morning. I asked them to look at it and the result is the clutch master cylinder will be replaced under warranty. No quibble.

Steven, this noise is a definite creak and only happens as the clutch pedal is moving. Hold it still and it doesn't creak. Your noise sounds more like the clutch release bearing. I wouldn't be alarmed unless it's really loud.

15. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Double post removed. D'Oh

Last edited: Tuesday 12th Feb, 2013
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    good news Nevyn.