Body, Paint & Styling 8th Generation Accord Japanese Accessories

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Thursday 4th Apr, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Every wanted to know what the Japanese market got for their cars, we don't even get remotely close to it. The sport suspension they get is far superior.

Like their Sharp Plasmacluster Ion Generators emit Plasmacluster ions to purify the air.

Honda Access￾

Check out the entire collection in this PDF
    Honda￾ genuine accessories catalogue Accord Tourer

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Looks like there are some Honda approved LED bulbs for the interior lights also.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Isn't that a camera to look 'behind the corners'?

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes looks like a forward facing camera with 180-degree vision.

Why the hell couldn't we get that here??? :Angry:

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Maybe because we don't live in such a crowded area as Japan. Ever been there? Every single cm² is used.
    I never missed such a camera here in Belgium, not even in cities. Where do you live?

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Makes no difference about where you live - its just disappointing that a car that is virtually identical in two nations can have very different optional extras. Its not about "missing" a feature - its about not having the ability to choose it.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi TDK, what's the point of offering accessories that nobody needs and thus will not sell. Makes nobody happy. It's a completely different market in Japan, as well the culture as the circumstances (space).

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Using that argument (if you can call it that), then why both offering different trim levels /ADAS etc? Why not just make one model with no choice and kill all interest in sales? Duh! There's probably only a handful of ADAS equipped Accords in the UK - some people want to buy them, myself, CJ and no doubt others included. Its not about "needs" or the differing Japanese market - its about choice as a consumer, especially since the vehicle is identical.

:Pinch:

10. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Sorry TDK, but accessories are not be confused with trim levels or options.
    Why do you make the comparison with the ADAS option? ADAS is very usefull for every driver and in every market. I would never argue on that. And if I had enough money I would buy an ADAS equiped Accord. But there is no way at all I would be tempted to install a camera on the nose of my car to see stuff on a screen I can see also with my naked eye. Would you? Does this explanation makes sense to you?
    Do you have the feeling Honda would sell more Accords by offering this accessory? Be honest please.

Ichiban likes this.
  11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Accessories can indeed be options - the buyer has the option to buy them...do they not?

Referring to ADAS is not a comparison. It is an option, just as that forward facing camera is. You could argue the same about the reversing camera - or should I remove mine because I can see perfectly well through the rear windscreen with my naked eye? :Blink:

Again, you miss the entire premise - its about having a choice. What part of that don't you get?

I don't care one iota whether Honda sells more or less based on features offered/not offered - I never made any statement in that regard to sales etc in the first place and quite frankly am bemused you even raised it. Utterly irrelevant point if ever there was one.

Ichiban and AccordCU2 like this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The 7th Generation and 8th Generation Accessories did have depths in options, but it right to have more choices.

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thank you.

14. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    But, TDK, I like arguing with you. You never give up!!

15. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yawn. Accessories are indeed options - no different from options on a car you order from new since you have the "option" to buy mats, for example. Quite why you can't grasp this basic concept was funny before, now its boring. Very boring.

Why are you so obsessed with this options/sales thing? I never once inferred options to sales (or lack thereof). It is a stupid and irrelevant point. But considering your failure to grasp the basics of options, there is little point in discussing sales when I never even mentioned it. Its not part of the discussion I was having on this thread - you can whip that boring horse with someone else.

Thats because I am seldom wrong.

16. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi TDK,

Options and accessories. An option is a product you can only buy when you order a new car, and is installed on the production line (e.g. ADAS). An accessory is a product you can buy at any time as an owner of the car and can be installed by dealer, owner or even logistic car centres (e.g. trunk inlay). So they are very different and an option is not an accessory.
    I'm not obsessed with 'sales'-thing. It's a way to make clear why a certain product can sometimes not be offered in a certain region.

Sorry if I bored you.

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Whatever dude.