ICE & HFT 8th Generation Accord Tourer How to remove speaker grill

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Adamk, Saturday 1st Sep, 2012.

1. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    can someone please tell me how to remove the speaker cover as iv put a hole in the grill

20120825_112005.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: help removin speaker grill

It's a big job mate with a lot of trim removal it a good one hour job before you get to the grill. BTW it is the subwoofer and not a speaker, have you made a hole into the subwoofer and punctured it?

3. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby

im not fussed about how long it takes tbf i have the tools etc tried the other night but didnt want to snap anything.The sub isnt damaged just the grill my trolly jack hit it just want to try and bend it back make it look better

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Ok buddy will do the write up for your later on tonight. :Wink: But this is a good insight for Tourer owners to learn from your misfortune.

You may want to invest in a netting I have that in my 7th Generation I always place items well within it so it doesn't move. I like a spirited drive and things moving at the back of the car spook me.

I just need to order a net for my 8th Generation after looking at that :Thumbup:

5. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby

wicked cheers fella

i do have a net but the net wouldn't hold the jack down as it was a 3 tonne jack so was pretty heavy wasnt drivin fast as i new it would roll round gutted :Frown:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Me think next time straps or bungee cords for those heavy loads or wrap them with old curtains for the cushioning effect.

but do a DIY for us bud as it will help others too. :Wink:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Adam I am still doing the write up but I am going in blind it will be intensive and full on without actually doing it. I won't be dismantling my car for the DIY so some steps may be irrelevant and can be bypassed when you come to do it.

You still want me to do it.. it will take a few hours to make it up :Aghast:

8. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby

no rush mate or just a quick write up like whats got to be taken of the car to get to it. really don't put your self out mate

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Right it easier than we first imagined :Happy:I have been to the car had a long hard look the subwoofer cover.it will come out easily without the need mass scale removal of trim.

But if I were you I would use a Honda trim removal tool kit like this you can use other things but be careful not force it open.if you need to get to the subwoofer itself then that is open heart surgery

Trim removal kit
    Trim Removal 2. trim removal. Right trim Removal 1.

Remove the side lid

lower cover to the subwoofer.

Note the two bottom corners are wedged into the floor moulding

lower right corner of the the subwoofer cover. lower left corner of the the subwoofer cover.

Mask the top of cover all around the dark trim

photo(1).

The top left of the cover you have sufficient space to leverage the cover open as well as the left hand side of the cover. Once that is sufficiently open get the right side and lift up to get around the corners being wedged in

top left corner of subwoofer.

10. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby

thats wicked cheers no no screws then ? i have some snap on plastic trim tools that look ther same giin to give it ago in the werk massive thanks mate

Ichiban likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

I can see any clips or pins I just see it like a lids which is in a channel.So gently pry it open spread the load at various points.

As for screws I have not seen any so far , the only concern I have is the lower lip is the two corners being wedged in will cause an issue.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Adam were you able to get the cover off safely without any damage?