General 8th Generation Accord Tourer & Saloon Spacesaver Query

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Oilburner26, Tuesday 29th Jul, 2014.

1. Oilburner26 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Surrey
    Does anyone know if there is any physical difference if any regards Saloon 17" spacesaver and 17" Tourer spacersaver both have slightly different part numbers.

Part No. 06421-TL3-305 for Saloon.
    Part No. 06421-TL6-305 for Tourer.

I can't see the stud spacings being different or the rim itself, I think it may be just the polystyrene insert & kit may be slightly different across models, hopefully someone on this forum can answer this query.

Will the Tourer Spacesaver fit the Saloon can any one confirm this would be appreciated.

2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Oilburner

The space savers are different between saloon and tourer but even then 2.0, 2.2 and 2.4 are slightly different.

I think the reason for saloon and tourer differences will be the differing kerb weights and the fact that you could have a larger load in the tourer.

The reason for the differences between 2.0 and 2.2 and 2.4 well I'm not sure. They are all 5 stud hubs but I'm wondering if 2.4 comes with bigger brake discs or something the hubs must be slightly different in some way.

Here's a link to a previous thread which CJ posted containing the part numbers:

Tyres & Wheels - Honda Accord 8th Generation Space Saver Part Numbers • Honda Karma

Oilburner26 likes this.
  3. Oilburner26 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Surrey
    Yeh thanks John, It appears know one has a definitive answer at the moment even the dealers were not forthcoming they just sent me two exploded diagram pictures of a saloon spacesaver & a Tourer and looking side by side they look the same

4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm pleased 2.0iVTEC saloon and 2.2iDTEC saloon uses the same as I bought spacesaver for my CU1 and it somehow happened to find it's way into the boot of my CU3 :lol:

Anyone from Newcastle Honda reading that last sentence, it didn't really...... :Wink: Honest :Whistle:

5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Maybe its the load rating on the tyre thats different then?

6. Oilburner26 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Surrey
    These are the two photo's Honda Parts Dealer supplied which don't help they look the same.

This picture is the Saloon.
    06421-TL3-305_zpsff517ad9.
    This Picture is the Tourer
    06421-TL6-305_zpsa377208a.

7. Oilburner26 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Surrey
    UPDATE - The dealership I purchased the Tourer from new and also they did supply the spacesaver, after their lengthy discussion and cross referencing between the Tourer & Saloon spacesaver they could see no actual difference on the wheel & Tyre, so they contacted Honda UK direct and after 10 minutes they called me back the Tourer spacesaver will fit the saloon but were told the pressure label fitted to the wheel will be wrong.

But my own suggestion to anyone fitting a spacesaver wheel coming from a Saloon to a Tourer would be check with your dealership first as there may be a difference in tyre loading coming from a lighter saloon vehicle to a heavier tourer.

Hope this information help other forum users.

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team