Suspension, Steering and Brakes 8th Generation brake upgrade.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by G12, Wednesday 17th Oct, 2012.

1. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    Following my reading another thread about changing pads and discs, it would seem that it is possible to get the larger brakes of the 2.4 petrol model onto my 2.2 diesel tourer.
    My question is, what other models have the big brakes that'll fit an 8th Generation Accord tourer? There don't seem to be too many smashed up 2.4's lying about at the moment.
    I'm guessing all I will want off the donor car is the calipers and their carriers. I'd fit new discs and pads.
    I've had uprated brakes before and they're occasionally worth their weight in gold.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey,

The large font disc and dual calipers are also seen on the Type-S 2.2 diesel, so its not only restricted to the 2.4. Yes finding them of a donor car is rare as they are not many of them on the road or in the scrap yard.

The discs and pads are relatively cheap,it the calipers which will set you a pretty penny.TBH save up a grand and you can get new one from dealers.

I wholeheartedly recommend this mod, my old 7th Generation Tourer had this mod and it made a world of difference in stopping distances.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That remind me I never posted the mod on the 7th Generation I must do that thread.

4. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    Thanks for the info CJ. 1k seems a lot from a dealer, I'd expect a decent set of monster AP discs and multi piston calipers for that....
    Will keep a beady eye out for a smashed up car I think.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup automotive jewelry with labels does have its appeal :Wink: both do the same thing one does it better in braging rights over a pint and mates do get impressed.

6. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    http://www.bigbrakes4u.co.uk/hi-spec-brake-kits/hi-spec-road-car-front-big-brake-kits/hi-spec-325mm-billet-4-conversion-kits/hi-spec-honda-accord-325mm-billet-4-conversion-kit/prod_599.html

1k gets you this.....

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never heard of them let alone anyone use them..but it does show what you can get for a 1000 pounds.