Service & Maintenance 93 Accord - A/c Condenser

Discussion in '4th Generation (1990-1993)' started by Gary93, Monday 16th Mar, 2015.

1. Gary93 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi

Accord '93 4- door Auto - UK spec

A/C Condenser has sprung a mega leak

its not a Honda part

any pointers as to someone who can supply one and get the model right alongside my webbing ?

thanks

Gary

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I take you can't get a new one from Honda anyone? ideally you should replace all aircon component with new parts not matter how old the car is, due to dirt and cross contamination.

3. Gary93 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

bearing in mind a new Honda one is more than the Car is worth, that won't be happening . . .

so we are not in an "ideal" situation

do I look like Rockefeller ?

:Smile:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There are loads of people who would spend a lot on their 4th Generation so without prior knowledge for your car everyone is blind to the level of your passion.

Good luck in finding aftermarket parts thou.

5. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    You'll need to double and triple check but I think compressor type 10pa17c and look in the likes of alibaba or aliexpress and you might have some luck. Otherwise you can sometimes find OEM parts out of eastern Europe for a reasonable price especially for the older cars.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  6. Gary93 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Jd

its a condenser not a compressor that I am after but thanks anyway, good tip
    - - - Updated - - -
    ichiban

your wasting my time and yours

my 93 car is not having thousands spent on it to keep you happy

stop telling me what to do with my car

you of course are welcome to spend and do what you want with yours, I don't dictate to others

after all , YOU may be Rockefeller in disguise

7. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Sorry twas early in the morn misread....

8. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    If money is a problem. Don't replace it? It's not like your car is worth a great deal?

9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Who is Rockefeller?

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  11. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I knew of the Rockefeller center/family, I just don't understand what they have to do with an AC Condenser for a 4th Generation Accord

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@Gary93 I can appreciate you are upset because there has been a problem with your A/C, but there is no need to respond like that when another member offers advice.
    You may find others are now less likely to help you now.
    Why would they spend their time, given for free, trying to help, when they could get a response like that?

Chunkylover53, Nighthawk and jd1959 like this.
  13. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    @Ichiban was offering you advice @Gary93 , he was not telling you what to do. He was saying that lots of people do spend lots of money on their cars regardless of the cars age whereas others don't. As this is your first post, we havent met you, had a previous understanding of your level of passion towards your car and its not therefore possible to understand whether you are a person who spends regardless or a person who doesnt.

It is clear now however, and I also wish you the best of luck sourcing an aftermarket part and hopefully you get it fixed soon.

14. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You may have better luck finding a replacement part on ebay. It may be listed as a Honda compatible part, or it may even be listed as a Rover compatible part. I think it was around this time that Honda owned or had a stake in Rover so parts may be interchangable.

15. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Been busy so missed this post, most possibly got a few condensers to do the job in my workshop you can have for a few quid, or a donation to charity but with a attitude like that in the workshop is where they can stay.

SpeedyGee likes this.